GDT: R2G2 - Canucks @ Hawks - 6pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R2G2 - Canucks @ Hawks - 6pm - CBC, VS

Post by Robert »

This is out of your fucking mind hockey! Whew I was praying to get out of that second... true to form our usual worst.. now we're still ahead and heading to our bread and butter. Luo playing great.. heheh

Please god help me out here I even remembered mother's day this year.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

...this game is stressing me out big time! Holy F*©#!!!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Robert wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:[q

The way the Sharks are coming together, that to me, is still more of a test than the Hawks-
I was wondering when someone was going to mention this. I've been trying to avoid that thought... but hey, lets worry about that after Chicago.

I'm really liking what I hear and see out of the Canucks. Their demeanor and play to back it up is perfect, it's what I've been waiting for all year. Set the tone and play your game ALL game. I hated the get a lead then played scared hoping to defend. This team seems to have figured that out.

Even if we don't win this one, at least make it tough for them down to the wire, or OT. That'll scare the shit out of those piss ants.
I'm not a fan of getting ahead of ourselves but I totally agree with both of you. I have been picking San Jose every round and they are the one team I think really has the Canucks number. For the same reasons, I picked Vancouver to beat LA but for whatever reason, the Sharks have dominated the Canucks over the last few years. They are a really tough team and if they get past Detroit, which I believe they will, you can't exactly just dismiss them as playoff chokers. I think they are so underrated because of their previous failures. Everyone's making a big deal of this Van-Chi series but the Detroit-SJ series is just as likely to produce the Stanley Cup winner. These are four really good teams.

Just to prove I'm not getting ahead of myself, I think if Chicago and San Jose advance, Chicago might actually beat them. If the Canucks advance, I think they will have a harder time with them. I'd rather play the Wings to be perfectly honest.

And I'll stop right there.

Pretty weird road game. Did not expect that thunderous start. Since then it's been pretty typical but I think we all anticipated the Canucks needing to weather the early storm, not the other way around. Niemi has looked pretty solid this game, so let's try and crack his confidence with the next goal. It's definitely going to be a battle in the third and I fully expect Chicago to continue to carry the play. It's all about eking about a dirty, greasy road win, as Bieksa and O'Brien would say.

3:50 AM and I need to be at work at 9, hand in 2 papers at 4, then campaign in the evening. This is the one game I promised myself I wouldn't stay up for. God damn you Canucks!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Stress.. shit I seem to be spreading that on my morning toast these days....

Thinking of switching to gin now... :?
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

ClamRussel wrote:...this game is stressing me out big time! Holy F*©#!!!

I'm very relaxed. I like what I see. Canucks' composure is impressing me. I'd have taken a tie going into the third, not to mention having the lead. I am serene. 8-)
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Robert wrote:Thinking of switching to gin now... :?
Pace yourself, bro. It's looking like a long playoffs.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

PP...time to strike, NOW.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Game ON
:devil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I, for one, am getting sick and freakin' tired of the Hawks owning BOTH the front of their net and ours!
I'm all for not taking stupid penalties and all but this is getting rediculous. First it was the snow shower in Lu's face...no reaction whatsoever. Even the Hawks who did it were braced to get pummelled and nothing whatsoever happens. Keith just took a penalty and after the whistle Versteeg chops the stick out of Hank's hands then pushes it away, Seabrook elbows Hank in the head just previous to that (no call)...think of how the Hawks reacted when one of the Sedins sprayed Niemi last game...they didn't go too far to take a penalty but at least they reacted. Ladd just went to the front of the Canucks net and crosschecked one of our players with authority....what happened? No penalty and Bieksa stared at him.

The boys need to play with a little more emotion than this.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Just thought it's so strangely silent in the rink...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

ClamRussel wrote:I, for one, am getting sick and freakin' tired of the Hawks owning BOTH the front of their net and ours!
I'm all for not taking stupid penalties and all but this is getting rediculous. First it was the snow shower in Lu's face...no reaction whatsoever. Even the Hawks who did it were braced to get pummelled and nothing whatsoever happens. Keith just took a penalty and after the whistle Versteeg chops the stick out of Hank's hands then pushes it away, Seabrook elbows Hank in the head just previous to that (no call)...think of how the Hawks reacted when one of the Sedins sprayed Niemi last game...they didn't go too far to take a penalty but at least they reacted. Ladd just went to the front of the Canucks net and crosschecked one of our players with authority....what happened? No penalty and Bieksa stared at him.

But that kind of crap doesn't win the series. Too much emotion leads to too little thinking. You can't get even AND win. You gotta choose what you want to do. Canucks look fine.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Playing with fire and not capitalizing on the PPs will lose this game for the Canucks.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Sid Dithers wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:I, for one, am getting sick and freakin' tired of the Hawks owning BOTH the front of their net and ours!

But that kind of crap doesn't win the series. Too much emotion leads to too little thinking. You can't get even AND win. You gotta choose what you want to do. Canucks look fine.
This isn't a black & white issue Sid; you can play tough and show self-respect w/o the "crap" or "getting even".
I don't see Chicago taking any penalties for making the Canucks their bitches tonight.
There is a grey area here.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Man, all those powerplays, woota waste...oh well coming back home even isa agood 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

The thought of walking all over these guys was ridiculous. Yes it gave us a glimmer of hope to jump out to early leads, but this team is really stacked offensively and have some defensive studs. I'm pleased with a split, as I figure this series will be a 7 gamer. On to Wednesday night with home ice advantage, where AV can match lines to his liking.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: