R1G5 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

R1G5 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Postby Cornuck » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:49 am

After all of that, it turns into a best of 3 with the Canucks retaining home ice.

This has been an odd series. The 'mystery that is the Kings power play', the 'Call', the rotating D, I'd say that only thing we expected to see was inconsistent play from Team Schizo.

We've showed signs of life and now it's time to put a full 60 minutes together. Of course, we get to see the return of Alberts should be in tonight - has he learned? Will be too worried about taking a penalty that he won't hit at all? As long as he knows how to clear the crease. (Nycholat has been called up.)

We all figured this could be a long series - and it could go 7 the way things are looking. It hasn't been a physical series, so we should be able to survive more or less intact. AV seems to giving a few days off, so that could pay off in the long run (if we have one).

Meanwhile, the Canucks have ties and NHL record for allowing at least 2 power play goals in 6 straight playoff game. It would be nice not to break it tonight.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: R1G3 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Postby HockeyGirl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:12 am

I predict Wayne Simmons with a hat trick. Luongo pulled 7 minutes in and the Kings with another 8-3 win over the Canucks. Harold Snepts comes out of the stands in his sneakers in the third period and tries to run down Kopitar on another breakaway. He then grabs the microphone from the PA guy ans starts yelling at all the fans for the "pot smoking ruination of hockey by a bunch of thin, wafty looking little creeps". Mike Murphy overturns all 3 Canuck goals and awards the Kings the Cup right there. The refs go into the King locker room for autographs, then return to the Hotel Vancouver to massive fruit baskets, all signed by Marcel Dionne.
"Once an idiot conspiracy theorist, always an idiot conspiracy theorist."

Clam Russel
HockeyGirl
CC Veteran

Postby Arachnid » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:21 am

HockeyGirl wrote:I predict Wayne Simmons with a hat trick. Luongo pulled 7 minutes in and the Kings with another 8-3 win over the Canucks. Harold Snepts comes out of the stands in his sneakers in the third period and tries to run down Kopitar on another breakaway. He then grabs the microphone from the PA guy ans starts yelling at all the fans for the "pot smoking ruination of hockey by a bunch of thin, wafty looking little creeps". Mike Murphy overturns all 3 Canuck goals and awards the Kings the Cup right there. The refs go into the King locker room for autographs, then return to the Hotel Vancouver to massive fruit baskets, all signed by Marcel Dionne.

:lol: That's actually pretty funny and made me smile....um, you could stand to lose a little weight oui?!
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby HockeyGirl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:49 am

Arachnid wrote:
HockeyGirl wrote:I predict Wayne Simmons with a hat trick. Luongo pulled 7 minutes in and the Kings with another 8-3 win over the Canucks. Harold Snepts comes out of the stands in his sneakers in the third period and tries to run down Kopitar on another breakaway. He then grabs the microphone from the PA guy ans starts yelling at all the fans for the "pot smoking ruination of hockey by a bunch of thin, wafty looking little creeps". Mike Murphy overturns all 3 Canuck goals and awards the Kings the Cup right there. The refs go into the King locker room for autographs, then return to the Hotel Vancouver to massive fruit baskets, all signed by Marcel Dionne.

:lol: That's actually pretty funny and made me smile....um, you could stand to lose a little weight oui?!

5'5, 114.

Clam Russel
HockeyGirl
CC Veteran

Postby rinkrat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:57 am

HockeyGirl wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

5'5, 114.

Lbs. or Kg?
"I just don't know why they're shooting at us. All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension." Hawkeye Pierce.
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Postby the toucan kid » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:03 am

Luongo has to have at least one good game this series, here's to hoping it's tonight at home.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 am

HockeyGirl wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

5'5, 114.

28 58 28 = 114 :blush:

Loose the middle part and we'll talk there shorty 8-)

Good luck to your team tonight, they'll need it with Phat Alberts back in the lineup for us and the conspiracy theory exposed (to death)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 am

rinkrat wrote:Lbs. or Kg?

Baggage :mex:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Sid Dithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Cupcake, why do you even bother?
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby trouble » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 pm

HockeyGirl wrote:I predict Wayne Simmons with a hat trick. Luongo pulled 7 minutes in and the Kings with another 8-3 win over the Canucks.

And Then You Woke Up
trouble

Re: R1G5 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Postby trouble » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Whats happening here, thanks to the NHL and it's bogus calls, is the media has put this series under a microscope

Which is not good for the NHL... The NHL needs to make sure that the things that have gone on come to a stop, before the Press really starts trashing the League... The Press just eat this shit up..

Avantage Vancouver

Canucks Win game 5 and game 6

As i said ealier Canucks in 6
Last edited by trouble on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trouble

Postby trouble » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Sid Dithers wrote:

Cupcake, why do you even bother?

Cupcake.. have you seen this girl more like, a Costco Cake :lol:
trouble

Postby Cookie La Rue » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Hey Cornuck, you forgot "The PK" :mrgreen: After all this is and will be the turner or burner of this series...

Btw it's Simmonds and he must have a big schlong for sure.... :lol:

Pumped and ready to go .... Canucks GOOOOOOO
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby HockeyGirl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:41 pm

trouble wrote:Whats happening here, thanks to the NHL and it's bogus calls, is the media has but this series under a microscope

Which is not good for the NHL... The NHL needs to make sure that the things that have gone on come to a stop, before the Press really starts trashing the League... The Press just eat this shit up..

Avantage Vancouver

Oh yeah, everyone cares about the Canucks! LOL.

Clam Russel
HockeyGirl
CC Veteran

Postby trouble » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 pm

HockeyGirl wrote:
trouble wrote:Whats happening here, thanks to the NHL and it's bogus calls, is the media has but this series under a microscope

Avantage Vancouver

Oh yeah, everyone cares about the Canucks! LOL.

Here let me help you out.. I'll Type slower so you will understand... Vancouver is in Canada.. People here live and breath Hockey...

LA is in the USA... They don't give a fuck about Hockey or this series.. Just a few bandwagers do.. You still with me?

When you open the Newspapers up here The first 10 pages is all on Hockey.(Canucks)

The Last thing the NHL needs is for Canadians to think they are getting screwed cause they will raise hell and make the Jobs at the NHL hell.

Ya see we care about the Game and the Game is our game and ya don't mess with it

GOT IT.. Pumpkin
trouble

Next

Return to Game Day Forum