R1G4 - Canucks @ Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Puck
MVP
MVP

Re: R1G4 - Canucks @ Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Post by Puck »

I don't think that SOB mixing it up was the problem. The problem was knowing when to stop. I love you guys jumping all over Bowness without knowing what SOB was actually doing or saying. For all we know, he was mouthing off AT Bowness, or throwing around racial crap... what do we know? Whatever was going on prompted Henrik to stand up and start to say something (until he saw Lu step in) to shut SOB up. Obviously, Shane was out of line. You want these guys on the edge, not past it.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Puck wrote:I don't think that SOB mixing it up was the problem. The problem was knowing when to stop. I love you guys jumping all over Bowness without knowing what SOB was actually doing or saying. For all we know, he was mouthing off AT Bowness, or throwing around racial crap... what do we know? Whatever was going on prompted Henrik to stand up and start to say something (until he saw Lu step in) to shut SOB up. Obviously, Shane was out of line. You want these guys on the edge, not past it.
Team building, that's what it is, not what happens it's how we deal with it in life and I think the team dealt with it great.
They could have fallen apart but they did not, they did what they have done all year and bared down in the 3rd.
Sometimes you need a little something to rally around and for leaders to stand up, this one was pretty public. I don't think what we saw was new, probably stems from locker room conflict with SOB and the coaches... his team mates really like him and his young exuberance....but as you say there are limits...still...me likey :mrgreen:

Take care....(of what I'm still not quite sure... :| )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
trouble

Post by trouble »

Puck wrote:I don't think that SOB mixing it up was the problem. The problem was knowing when to stop. I love you guys jumping all over Bowness without knowing what SOB was actually doing or saying. For all we know, he was mouthing off AT Bowness, or throwing around racial crap... what do we know? Whatever was going on prompted Henrik to stand up and start to say something (until he saw Lu step in) to shut SOB up. Obviously, Shane was out of line. You want these guys on the edge, not past it.

I don't think it matters what SOB was saying it was the fact that Bowness was yelling at him.. Ya don't do that on the ice..

Don't ya think the LA players got a good laugh from that
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Warning - Alberts could be back for game 5. Baummer is day-to-day.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
trouble

Post by trouble »

Cornuck wrote:Warning - Alberts could be back for game 5. Baummer is day-to-day.
Say it isn't so
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Believe me - I wouldn't make that shit up.

LINK
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Oh shit... saints preserve us...

Seriously, Oberg, someone, anyone, but not Alberts.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It's gonna be Alberts. But, he'll be fine. Trust me. 8-)
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

It's actually Willie, he's going to shove some pads under the uniform and pretend to be Alberts.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

trouble wrote:

I don't think it matters what SOB was saying it was the fact that Bowness was yelling at him.. Ya don't do that on the ice..

Don't ya think the LA players got a good laugh from that
True, Trouble. But, I have to think that Bowness didn't start out yelling. I would hope he started yelling when SOB didn't respond to anything else.