R1G4 - Canucks @ Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: R1G4 - Canucks @ Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Post by Cornuck »

All I will say at this point is - this is the WEIRDEST series I have ever seen.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote:This isn't a poorly coached team, this is simply a team with a bad defense. Let's be clear.
D is very suspect. But we won tonight ! How did that happen ? Great effort by Danny and Hank on the last (non empty net) goal. I'm pining for Mitchell (and no, I don't want to get into the "Mitchell isn't worth more than 3 cents and a packet of gravel" argument again).

PK still sucks. Samuelsson good. Demitra good. Sedins good (in the 3rd). Raymond had his chances.

It is like watching a CFL game, and I don't like it. It isn't like the better team wins, it is the less smelly one that does.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Not playing like a star goaltender. ..
Lol.. soon as I say it he makes the save of the game.. Great 3rd period for the Swedin line and assorted Canucks . Now if only Mitchell has a miraculous recovery from La La land..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Wow.. after a game like this this thread sure died like an El eh queen.

What a game. For the most part our worst. Aweful. I think I'll need a new coffee table, a really nice old honduran magogany piece is toast. :(

Canucks were scared, slow, weak, just plain phsyced out. Just like last year.. dam don't get me thinking of that again. At one point I sat there and had to accurately say that Hanson was our best player (good for him though) but dam if he's our best we're in shit!

Wellwood! Demitra What a game... Then the big guys finally woke up in the third! Gutsy effort in the last 15.. but I admit I thought for the most of it I thought out weak and fragile mental fortitude would do us in again.

I'm as happy as a little girl!! :D
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Bad luck on the first goal, blame it on KB3
Phantom penalty for the 2nd goal
I couldn't see who it was for the 3rd, but it was the dman's fault for not taking the stick.
4-4 Goal was all SOB's fault.

I'm still not happy at the refs.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Tiger wrote:
Can you imagine if we had a good coach
yeah.. Keenan would have pulled Luongo !! He is having a lousy series and hasn't looked great for most of this year.. WTF can AV do? no Johnson.. No Mitchell .. PK is sucking and the main culprit is Luongo.. Not playing like a star goaltender. ..

Put the Crack pipe down bro.. Where did i say Keenan was a good coach.. All I said Was AV is not one.

Good Coaches get more out of their players.. They don't stand their with a stupid smerk on their faces.. Do ya know how tiring that is.

Good on Lindy Ruff tonight Giving The Zebra's hell

The NHL is turning into a joke league
Last edited by trouble on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
trouble

Post by trouble »

the toucan kid wrote:This isn't a poorly coached team, this is simply a team with a bad defense. Let's be clear.

LMAO.. You're right, this is an extremely Poor coached team..

The team is getting hammered on the PK..

So what does AV do..

Gives the player the day off...

Did it fix it ??????

NOOOOOOOOOO
trouble

Post by trouble »

Rick Bowness has got to be the worst coach in the history of the game

SOB is giving the Kings hell tonight and is still yapping as he's going to the bench... I like to see a player who stickes up for his teammates and raises alittle hell... And there is Bowness yelling at him.. In front of everyone.. Classless

I had no problem with Lou saying something to him and pushing him back.. But Lou is not screaming at him

BTW for those that don't know RB is the defence coach.. Good job you're doing asswipe

I really hope Gillis Grabs a brain and cans both AV and RB
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

Nice to see the effort in the 3rd. The PK is terrible right now and I think they are really missing Ryan Johnson.
I also was happy to see O'Brian get emotional with the Kings bench and it was strange to see Rick Bowness getting involved and telling him to cool it. Samuelson is playing amazingly.

Best of three now and we have home ice advantage.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Remember that game against the Rangers?
Remember what SOB did?

we're in the playoffs, it's do or die, one more stupid penalty can easily turn the tide.

SOB needs to keep his mouth shut and not give the King's Refs a reason to hand out an unsportsmanlike penalty. You can take it out with strong hits and destroy their players, but don't try and go to the other bench like SOB did.

Frankly, I wish Mitchell was better so that we could staple SOB to the press box.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Jelly wrote:Frankly, I wish Mitchell was better so that we could staple SOB to the press box.
It's a shame the rest of the defence are so bad, otherwise I would agree with you. Even with Mitchell back, SOB is head and shoulders a better d-man than any of the other choices. I haven't seen enough of Rome to be fair, but the most annoying thing is that I think, one the ice, SOB has improved considerably this year.

But yes, I agree completely with you. He needs to go. You can't have that kind of dissent on a team. What a goof, mixing it up with his own coach during the game. Talk about an unnecessary distraction! One thing's for sure, this defensive corps needs to be revamped in a big way this offseason. Not sure what's out there on the market but we're talking about going in with only 4 D next season, and one of them's the oft-injured Salo. The other - Bieksa! No sense re-signing any of the other guys but this team will be desperate in that department. Unbelievable considering going into the year, it was perceived to be the depth of this team. I wish Lukowich didn't go down.
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

Bowness may KNOW hockey, but nowhere has he ever demonstrated he can COACH it.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

We should trade SOB to Edmonton, that'll teach him.

Vancouver's 5th + SOB's rights for Edmonton's 5th
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

I love the edge SOB brings, you don't think that spurred his team in the 3rd? Henrik, Captain Orca and the teams leadership stepped it up for that...go fish...Jelly 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Arachnid wrote:I love the edge SOB brings, you don't think that spurred his team in the 3rd? Henrik, Captain Orca and the teams leadership stepped it up for that...go fish...Jelly 8-)

I agree 100%. More emotion is what this team needs.
Their game picks up dramatically when they play with more passion.
Nothing better than seeing Bieksa mix it up at the end of the game. When he plays with fervor he can be prodigious.