GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hell yeah, fuck LA !!!! Mikael 1:1 finally......Go Canucks GO
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

2:1 Magic...... take care Cookie's in the hut, beat'em bust'em....oldtyme hockey. 8-)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

That didn't seem like a bad hit IN the moment...

EDIT - F*ck that, that was blatant turn. Stupid refs...

If you're dumb enough to get smacked by the numbers then it's your own fault, assuming it's one or two steps.

FURTHER EDIT - bad goal Lou
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

What do you have to say about Alberts leaving his feet?
Well, that's another replay away at this point.

I do have to say that Downey's penalty on Raymond was nonsense... (the call I mean)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Kings in 3 wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:That didn't seem like a bad hit IN the moment...

If you're dumb enough to get smacked by the numbers then it's your own fault, assuming it's one or two steps.

It was the right call. Sucks to see a major penalty go against the Canucks, bu it is what it is.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

the toucan kid wrote:There's something about that crowd full of towel waivers that gives even me a smidgen of hope.
I was watching with my dad, who's a Habs fan. He was amazed by the crowd. I said it was amazing but nothing like when the Habs come in. His response was that it's pretty damn close. Nice to hear from a fan of another team.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

It was the right call. Sucks to see a major penalty go against the Canucks, bu it is what it is.
Interesting. I still haven't seen it again, and I might just about face when I do, but it really did seem like a clear turn, but the feet probably do tell the story.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Kings in 3 wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:That didn't seem like a bad hit IN the moment...

What do I say? Still not a major on Alberts. Especially after Kopitar left his stick stuck in Henrik's visor with no call.

It's a fuck you Vancouver, Bettman believes LA is more important in his grand scheme of things. Considering the corrupt way the little liar has run the last 17 years, it's no surprise.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

It's a fuck you Vancouver, Bettman believes LA is more important in his grand scheme of things. Considering the corrupt way the little liar has run the last 17 years, it's no surprise.
perfect... it gave me a nice rosie feeling that you jumped in toward my defense (heh I hope)... but still I'm going to add a " :lol: " to your post...
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

the toucan kid wrote:
Interesting. I still haven't seen it again, and I might just about face when I do, but it really did seem like a clear turn, but the feet probably do tell the story.
I only saw one replay, and yes Richardson (is that who it was?) did turn on the play. Regardless, it was a penalty. I'm not sure about the feet leaving or not, I wasn't looking for that. The ref could have called a charge or elbowing penalty on the play and left it at a minor penalty.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

trouble

Post by trouble »

The Ref's tonight so far are out to lunch.. I counted 3 High sticking and not one was called.. The stick in Henrik shield was not enough proof ???Does he have to get his eye cut out to get a call
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

the toucan kid wrote:
perfect... it gave me a nice rosie feeling that you jumped in toward my defense (heh I hope)... but still I'm going to add a " :lol: " to your post...
Touc, you and I are on the same mind level with this game and that call. This has been a terrific game so far and my only complaint has been the 5 minute major to Alberts..... but it was a shitty call that could have a huge effect on this game.

LA has been playing well but the Canucks have been slightly better. It would be a shame if after all the stripes have let go, they decide the game on that call. I don't trust the NHL hierarchry under Bettman.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Going into OT.. Quick .. best goaltending.. Luongo.. so so..
You guys talk about AA as if he's a plague, I like him much more then SOB. And when you have Smyth and Brown charging at Luongo, AA is our best defensemen to clear the crease, other then Willie, but his head isn't screwed on right atm.
Jelly... you gotta be blind.. 2 penalties. 2 goals against..

Canucks playing a great offensive game.. OT coming up my guess? Kesler the winning goal !
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Edler is a fucking Monster out there! Where was he all year?
:D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Alberts was charging AND he left his feet. There was an injury so that is why there was the major... and to come up with conspiracy theories so early in the playoff season is just flat out stupid.
I've seen it again, and it definitely deserved a penalty, but no, there was no egregious jump, and there was certainly a turn by Richardson. Call it a major? Eh, maybe, but a two would have been more appropriate.

And yes, this is Edler's best game of the season, which is GREAT news for the Canucks.