GDT: Canucks @ LA - 730pm - Snet - NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ LA - 730pm - Snet - NHLN-US

Post by Cornuck »

Well, the Kings won one after falling a couple of spots. They may be ready to keep it going, especially if Bernier has another hot game. But then the Canucks could complete a sweep of LA this year.

We can secure our playoff spot tonight. Although we'll get it anyway, it would be nice to make if official. Canucks set a record for most home wins, the Kings have set a record for more road wins - too bad the game isn't in Vancouver.

The game is being streamed by Yahoo.

Bonus link: Let's Go Kings GDT **Warning: IQ Advisory

NHL.com Preview
THN.com TooT

GO CANUCKS GO!

22 SEDIN POWER 33
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ LA - 730pm - Snet - NHLN-US

Post by the toucan kid »

Hmm these guys are kind of my "dark horse" picks to go to the finals so it will be interesting to see how we handle them tonight. A team I could definitely see beating us if we have to square up with them, but it could definitely go either way.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Bernier is 2-0? hmmmm....Hank, Dank, and Burr....theres fresh meat in the net tonight....light em up boys
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

It's time to get our road game in good shape for the playoffs.
We've been less than good on the road this year and in order to get very far we must remedy that aspect.
Lou has to start being more consistant to give us a chance to win.
Scoring first again would go a long way to help secure a win tonight.
Although I don't think the Kings will go past the 2nd or 3rd round, they could be dangerous in the 1st round.
It will be a good road test for the boys.

Apparently Daniel will be a game time decision ... back issues.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

We have played well against LA this year.

Hope this is a good game ! I have been watching sporadically lately but will be watching this one closely.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Right now I'll take a drunk or hungover O'Brien vs Alberts.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Holy Fing terrible Batman! Team looks like its exhibition season and they haven't got a system going yet. I can't figure out who's worse, Luongo or Bieksa. What was Bieksa thinking on Kopitar's goal? Oh right he wasn't. Guy looks brutal out there, totally out of synch. Luongo just looks deflated before the puck is in the net.

I'm with Dork, I'll go w/ O'Brien after a wknd of partying w/ Ross Rebagliatti right abo now. Alberts is useless, even Rome is better - great hit on Williams!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Canucks are deep throating big time tonight. :?

Like I said - Luongo NEEDS a major break. There's no point resting 1 game, playing well for 1-2 games, and then shitting the bed soon afterwards. Give the man a rest for like 5 games. Get his head out of his ass.

EDIT - 2 quick goals by the Canucks. Maybe these dickheads still have some life after all.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Daniel out with Back spazums.. And Burrows got hit in the throat from a slap shot in the first and has not played since

Albert is back to being a peice of shit
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

This is a mess, which isn't such a big deal in of itself except for the injury news and Luongo still pretty much sucking hard when he's actually forced to move from under that bulky mound of padding he calls equipment.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Wow, glad I bailed out at 4-0 w/ Hordi going back to the sin bin in favour of watching a movie. That first period and a half was as depressing as shit. I see it went from bad to worse.....hard to believe AV has left Luongo in there to sit & rot in his own feces like that. Reminds me of Roy's last game in Montreal.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Luongo stayed in to rest Raycroft for tomorrow night's game.

Why was he handling the puck so much? :oops:

Over all a bad game caused by missing most of the top line and giving minutes to the scrubs. Henrik had nobody to play with, Wellwood and Demitra looked ok - but everyone else was just running around with no plan.

Just a horrible night.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

i feel a rant coming on
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Good Game by the Canucks.

By pitching a no show, and giving LA 2 points, it will make it that much harder for Calgary to get into the playoffs. I like that coaching... as an added bonus, with Luongo letting in 1 shot in 3, fans will never be saying 'can he be any worse?!?' way to get that monkey off his back..

as for icing, media can now stop speculating about 'when will Luongo let in 8 goals in 1 game?!?'

huh... 3 birds with one stone.

Nice to get some of those milestones out of the way...

cheers!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
hitmanhood39
AHL Prospect

Post by hitmanhood39 »

Will Luongo please get his head out of his ass!! What the hell was that! Luongo is a head case now...I mean if you're not scared of Luongo's play lately you are clueless. I am so pissed off at his play right now cause he doesn't take responsibilty for his bad play either and that was pisses me off more than anything...he blames the team...when you're the captain you have to take responsibilty!! He is mentally weak right now big time! He gave up on that game tonight and that really pisses me off when you are the Captain and you're the last line of defense and you just give up like that...I say he should be stripped of his Captain C....just rip it right off his jersey and kick him in the nuts!