GDT: Canada / Switzerland - 4:30pm - CTV, CNBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canada / Switzerland - 4:30pm - CTV, CNBC

Post by Cornuck »

Should be another walk in the park for good guys. Still, they only loss by 2 to Team USA the other night.

Jonas Hiller will have to have the game of his life tonight. Hiller and Marc Streit are the only current NHL'ers on the squad.

HockeyCanada.ca Preview
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canada / Switzerland - 4:30pm - CTV, CNBC

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cornuck wrote:Should be another walk in the park for good guys. Still, they only loss by 2 to Team USA the other night.

Jonas Hiller will have to have the game of his life tonight. Hiller and Marc Streit are the only current NHL'ers on the squad.

HockeyCanada.ca Preview

Switzerland has a good goalie and Mark Streit, so it should be a fairly 'easy' game but I hope the boys don't take it for granted.

Canada needs to take it to them harder than they did the Norwegians to show that we mean business.

I will be there tonight! Tweeting every now and then about the atmosphere of the building and how crazy its going to be!

Wearing Canada colours!

If anyone wants to follow it's @Aviewfromabroad on twitter.

GO CANADA GO!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

LB YOU LUCKY LITTLE.....grrrr....jelousy aside i'm lookin forward to being downtown for the game! The Swiss put up a fight against the States so it should be an intersting one
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

It's looking a little TOO interesting right now!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

I really don't think they took them too lightly.. This Swiss team is good, At 2-0 i thought it was going to be one more goal and the swiss would be done... Then that blast of the post and in... wow.. did that ever give the Swiss confidence. Then the tying goal.... It was way closer than i guess you could say should have been. But this was probably the biggest game of the tournament for the swiss. They are a very fast aggressive team, and oh... not to forget Damn... Jonas Hiller played outstanding. That Glove save he made could be Iconic for Swiss goalies in the future.

Sid is gearing up. He was all business after that stick hit him in the face. Look for him to find the score sheet on Sunday.

You gotta think coaching a SUPER All Star team is tough, how do you divide up all the ice time. I want to see Iggy back with Nash and Sid. I liked Toews on the grinding line with Morrow and Richards and then Throw Bergeron in whenever he could be of value. This team is good, they just need to come together, and keep timely mistakes to a very very low minimum.
I like Doughty and Prongers games after there little brain farts.

I know its not the way they wanted or we wanted them to win this game. But its a win and they can still beat US on sunday and take the group. This team will come together the more it plays.

GO CANADA GO
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

There's a lot of divas and old men on this team... let's just hope this isn't 2006 round 2.

Honestly, for all the grief he gets, Crosby is one of the guys I actually HAVE confidence in for the big moments.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Broda wrote:I really don't think they took them too lightly.. This Swiss team is good, At 2-0 i thought it was going to be one more goal and the swiss would be done...
The swiss stole a point off of us, which is the way it should be in a 3 point game. Better than Turin when they stole 3 points off us, but that is little consolation.

I was at the Swiss-US game, and the Swiss really impressed me, not with their talent but their work effort. They will never be outworked. It was very impressive against the US and very impressive tonight.

Canada got outworked and it cost them a point. We got out Canada-ed by the Swiss. Canada got outlucked too, but given the talent level there is NO WAY Canada should have left anything to luck. I was not impressed with any line other than Thorntons. Crosby had his chances, but when it came time to change he coasted over to the bench as if it were an exhibition game.

The lack of grit showed tonight. We might match up OK against the firepower of Russia (maybe), but we don't match up against a grinding team.

If I was Farhan I would say team Canada is "mentally fragile" given that they couldn't put away a weaker opponent after being up 2-0. But the reality is somewhat more disturbing, meaning team Canada may be a little too top heavy. We need a little less fancy goals and a little more of the bang and crash goals.

Sorry for the diatribe, but it disturbs me when another country plays Canadian-style hockey better than Canada.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

i gotta say....marty b looked shaky on the first one....from what i saw at least, i was watching on a big t.v. on robson

Jim Robson
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

No he didn't. Who was gonna stop that shot? If a wicked blast off the top corner post isn't a good goal what is?
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Robert wrote:No he didn't. Who was gonna stop that shot? If a wicked blast off the top corner post isn't a good goal what is?

you mean the one that went FIVE HOLE?!

Jim Robson
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

No, not that one.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

:mad:
Last edited by nucklehead_88 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Robson
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

well i'm talking about the one that was point blank, no screen, 20 feet away, went right through him

Jim Robson
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It was top shelf over the glove where grandma keeps the cookies.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

really?....sorry i was a tad tipsy when saw it happen...guess my eyes saw soemthing that didnt happen

Jim Robson