GDT: Another Avalanche hits GM place. 7:00 PM. SNET, 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: Another Avalanche hits GM place. 7:00 PM. SNET, 1040

Post by dr.dork »

preview: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2009020311

Well after sitting around drinking beer all week, the canucks should be ready for this one. Daniel is apparently still out and Kesler is expected to play with Henrik and Raymond. Wellwood... tick tick tick, time to pick it up now that you're on the second line.

Avs have cooled off and lost in Edmonton on wednesday after beating Calgary on tuesday. (So this is their 3rd game in 4 nights). This is their last road game (3 game trip) before heading home.

Go Canucks Go
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Another Avalanche hits GM place. 7:00 PM. SNET, 1040

Post by Cornuck »

it's about time...

After the layoff (once again), I'm expecting the team to come out a little flat. Hopefully we can salvage a win with some 3rd period heroics.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

You mean this team we spend hours talking about actually plays games? Huh, learn something every day.

Daniel is apparently waiting for Sunday... well for now. Shame, I was hoping to finally get a look at what a Sedin line and a Kesler/Raymond line might look like.

I don't think the Avs are a good team, and I think we should be beating a team like that. They're a fluke, time to show it to them. That said, after the last game they might be a bit more eager to show us what they got.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Ugh... A week off is far too long. I get the feeling we'll be pretty listless for the first period.

I say 4-3 Avs in OT. Henrik, Salo and Bieksa for us, Hejduk, O'Reilly and Stastny for them.

GO CANUCKS GO
trouble

Post by trouble »

Tough call on this one.... But i think it will be a rough game.. Go Nucks!!!!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Somehow this struck me as a really boring game. Still, we took it away from them so good on us.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

I was looking at the replay of Erhoff's 1st goal and didn't even see the damn puck go in! The man has a BOMB of a shot. Good to see him get his 1st multiple-goal game.

I think the shine is starting to wear off Anderson and the rest of this team. They might have fooled a lot of people and run the rest off adrenalin, but I think these guys are a lot more like who they were last season than anyone south of the border would care to admit.

Whatever, it's two more points against Colorado that Calgary didn't get so that makes tonight even sweeter.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!! :towel:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Lancer wrote: I think the shine is starting to wear off Anderson and the rest of this team. They might have fooled a lot of people and run the rest off adrenalin, but I think these guys are a lot more like who they were last season than anyone south of the border would care to admit.
Colorado isn't a division leader, but they aren't the bottom of the bucket either. I still say they're a playoff team but they'll have their share of growing pains. But last year they were completely injury ridden, so unless they go through a prolonged injury spell they will be much better than last year. My guess is they finish 3rd in the division, 8th in the conference.

But WHY O WHY wouldn't Tucker fight Rypien ! That would have made my day. Although to see Tucker yap and pretend to be tough while wanting no part of Rypien was sweet.

I'm not sure we deserved to be down 2-0 after the first, but in the end we got some lucky goals too.

A win is a win. Next up, Chicago on sunday.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Didn't you see the fear in Darcy's eyes ? hehehe i wouldn't go with Rypien, this bomb blasts guys a head higher than him...

Go Canucks Go, was it an Ehrhoff night tonight ? 2g - 1a - 1 post, hallleluja... 8-)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

A good comeback game after a very slow start.. Team toughness was there even with Hordi and SOB in the press box.. Wonder WTF Rypien said/did to Poci to get the 10 min misconduct... ? Erhoffs night for sure .. good to see Schneider shooting too... Bernier starting to make a bit of an impact.. should be a 20 goaler this season.. Next game will be the big test.. Chicago. Dan probably back but probably not in top game shape. Wonder if Toews will be looking over his shoulder? Only concern I have is the PK looked terrible on the first 2 Av's goals... Good thing the PP got them back..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice