GDT: Avalanche hits GM place -- 7:00 PM, PPV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: Avalanche hits GM place -- 7:00 PM, PPV

Post by dr.dork »

The only interesting thing here is: who is dumb enough to pay for this game ? Well, probably me, but who else ?

The much improved 'lanche strut into BC place to play the walking dead. The canucks are banged up, and playing the 3rd game in 4 nights (with the first two being road games). If the schedule isn't bad enough, we get hit by injuries AND rumours of the flu starting to make its way onto the roster.

Only way we win this one is if: (a) Raycroft plays like he did against LA; (b) the rest of the team plays like it did against LA; and (c) we get lucky. Part of the luck might be facing Budaj rather than Anderson (who is hot).

What else is there to say except:
GO CANUCKS GO
trouble

Re: GDT: Avalanche hits GM place -- 7:00 PM, PPV

Post by trouble »

Looks like it will be showing on the net

http://atdhe.net/

Have to wait till 7 to see

Here's hoping :D
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Grabner out with an undisclosed injury. Wellwood back in. SOB and Schneider were to be scratched, but I imagine they'll have to move Rome back to forward.

Seriously, even our injury call-ups are getting hurt. This is getting pretty rediculous.

Luongo.. 2 games missed
D.Sedin.. 10 games
Demitra.. 14 games
Johnson.. 2 games missed
Grabner .. first game
Hansen.. 14 games
Bolduc.. 2 games

Already injured thus far:
Salo .. 7 games missed
Rypien.. 4 games missed
Schneider.. 10 games

Incredible... 14 games into a season and the Canucks have already lost 66 games to injury?
trouble

Post by trouble »

getin game on firefox

http://atdhe.net/
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

SOB again!..

sigh...
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

dr.dork wrote: (a) Raycroft plays like he did against LA
Well this looks like it's starting off to be true.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

i was there....we played great! lots of fun to watch!
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Boring game.... and I'm glad!

This is the kind of hockey ANY team in the league would have to play to win, given the circumstances. You take away your best goal scorer and number one goalie, and you have to tighten up and grease the wins out. Canucks did that tonight against a team higher in the standings.

Wasn't pretty, but they did what they had to. Very impressive.

Raymond and Kesler were the true stars in this one.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

anyone know what happend to Grabs? Really missed seeing the Top Gun line going tonight...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Boring game.... and I'm glad!
Island is right in many respects. Sadly, though, the defense just isn't playing very intelligently STILL. I really think we got lucky with an Ave team that either wasn't up for it or is just running on empty after a hot start.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote: I really think we got lucky with an Ave team that either wasn't up for it or is just running on empty after a hot start.
Avs looked horrible. I think they have quite a few regulars out as well, but they still had most of their best players in the lineup. If the Avs keep playing like that they're going to be dropping in the standings for a while.

We played smart given the circumstances. The so-called second line is carrying the team.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Avs played 11 of the last 13 on the road, this loss probably was expected.
I love how Kesler said it, Anderson's only human.

Not too high, not too low, we didn't win because we were better, we won cause we were in a better circumstance. Let's get those Rangers tomorrow!
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jelly wrote:Avs played 11 of the last 13 on the road, this loss probably was expected.
I love how Kesler said it, Anderson's only human.

Not too high, not too low, we didn't win because we were better, we won cause we were in a better circumstance. Let's get those Rangers tomorrow!
Yes!!!!!!

Sorry got excited. It will be my last live Canucks game for some time. I am heading back to Ontario (kicking and screaming) because I have to take care of my client in person for a while. After that I leave for Asia for a month and will be subscribing to some NHL Gamecenter online to watch the Nucks play at all crazy hours like Clam did last year. I am hoping for a good showing.

Go Nucks go!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

It was a good win..Defensively executed well for the most part.. Kesler was superb.. with all our injuries and team mates changing game to game it was great to see such a cohesive effort.. Kudo's ..
After that I leave for Asia for a month and will be subscribing to some NHL Gamecenter online to watch the Nucks play at all crazy hours like Clam did last year.

I enjoyed " breakast with the Canucks ".. in thailand for 2 months last year. 7 PM start is 9 AM . its either a very nice way to start a day... or at least gets my blood going :)...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Mikodat wrote:It was a good win..Defensively executed well for the most part.. Kesler was superb.. with all our injuries and team mates changing game to game it was great to see such a cohesive effort.. Kudo's ..
After that I leave for Asia for a month and will be subscribing to some NHL Gamecenter online to watch the Nucks play at all crazy hours like Clam did last year.

I enjoyed " breakast with the Canucks ".. in thailand for 2 months last year. 7 PM start is 9 AM . its either a very nice way to start a day... or at least gets my blood going :)...
Yeah my first two weeks I'll be in Japan the second two weeks at my family house in the Philippines...

pretty exciting but I hate missing hockey..lol

My man thinks I am insane when it comes to my sports...everyone's gotta have a hobby.. ;) He's just a bitter leaves fan.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde