GDT Detroit @ Vancouver - 7pm SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT Detroit @ Vancouver - 7pm SNET

Postby LotusBlossom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:58 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
trouble wrote:
Mikodat wrote:Offensively ... good.. Defensively sucked.. End of story..

Lou say got to make some big saves.. 5 goals let in is not good enough for a goalie making that kinda money

Gimme a break. Luongo made some fantastic saves in this one. It's not on him. 2 PP goals against, 42 shots v 26 shots. Gee, I wonder who kept us in the game? Are you going to blame Luongo every time we lose?

If you would have told me the Canucks would score 4 goals when a quarter of their starting lineup is out with injury, against a Detroit team that is having a helluva time winning games (ie HUNGRY), and come out on the wrong end of a 5-4 decision I would probably take it with a "that'll happen". That was a good game, and the Canucks played well. Detroit NEEDED that game more than we did, and that's no fault to our boys, that's just the way it is.

Keep in mind folks, this team is facing one of the leagues worst injury bites, when you look at who is missing. For this team to be above .500 (5-3 now) without their top goal scorer, top PP QB and other starting players is doing alright in my books. Let's wait until these folks are healthy before we judge the potential of this team. Certainly, lets not hang the goalie for a loss when we give up 40+ shots against.

It was an awesome game. Wow @ some of the saves Lu made. Yeah, Datsyuk and his crew wanted it bad. Just the way it is I suppose. Sure Osgood gift wrapped 2 for the Canucks, but you know what, Howard was equal to the task and Detroit was really hungry. It's just two good teams playing good entertaining hockey.

Although I'm disappointed in the loss, I'm not disappointed in the game. Detroit was on a mission and nothing stopping them.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby nucks_girl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 am

Honestly, I don't give a care about the loss. Same reasons LB noted. Good thing we got some depth for once.

I'm glad Johnson is okay. That looked bad. Couldn't watch the game the same way after that, just had a pit in my stomach. Hate to see that. Even the fight didn't get me into it, and God knows I love a fight. Although that may have been partly due to the fact that the fight was in the offensive zone when we were trying to score. Stupid mistake. Kesler looked pissed about that one, and I'm sure Glass heard about it from AV after.
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Postby Jelly » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 am

you can't win them all, Red Wings were due a road win and we were due for a home loss.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum