GDT: Canucks get BJs

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby dr.dork » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:08 pm

When: 7:00 PM
TV: Sportsnet
Radio: Team 1040

Preview: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?gid=2009100522

Not much to say here. If the 'nucks go 0-3 to start the season, Gillis and AV will be fired and Aquilini will have his suit raised into the rafters with him in it. And whoever sacrificed 17 virgins for the week of great weather in Vancouver (and great summer) probably sacrificed a canucks season. And that someone will pay !!

Now quit foolin' around !! Quit playing like a bunch of poofs and JUST WIN, BABY !

GO CANUCKS GO
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby Mikodat » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 pm

hmmmm BJ's might be just what the Canucks need to relax and start playing good hockey.. Luo and crew got to be better this game.. Kesler line is due to explode.. Seems that since they all got their jobs back ( Raymond notably ) .. They've been a little complacent. Maybe AV will start his famous juggling act tonight? Bieksa and Edler should pick it up a notch.. Shirikov just might be the dark horse game winner?

Canucks 3.. BJ's 2... Sedin, Kesler.. Shirikov for the good guys.. :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
User avatar
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Victoria

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby nucklehead_88 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:47 pm

id like to see luongo pick er up tonight, he nedds a big outing, i dont normally make predictions but ill put er out there and say 4-1 for the boys in blue with tthe green and white trim, little bit of silver and black in there too

goals from burrows, daniel, salo, johnson
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
User avatar
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:55 pm
Location: Maple Ridge B.C.

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby Jelly » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:12 pm

O'Brien give away #1, tried to be cute and skate backwards and back hand the puck deep? Nope, his weak and lame attempt gets cut off by the defensemen at the blue line, turns into a chance for the Blue Jackets.

#2, Bad pinch, couldn't hold the puck OR the man, leads to a Umberger break away and Erhroff had to take a penalty.


Disgusting. You can't blame Luongo on the first goal, you can't kick a puck in, but you can slide your whole body and direct the puck to the net apparently. Got ahead of himself on the second one. Bad bounce on the third one, our weekly tip in by our own team. Fourth was just not Luongo like, but October Luongo type.

I don't know, certainly he played bad, and he can only point at himself. Everything that could go wrong went wrong for Luongo tonight.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:20 am

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby levelheaded » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Hey guys, did I leave my razor in here?


That is a double pun.

I am depressed.
User avatar
levelheaded
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Toronto, but heart's in Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby Jelly » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:26 pm

So SOB wants to get in a fight to help momentum for the Canucks, what does the ref do? prevent it.

I'd hate to say it, I am starting to sound like Leafs fans talking about Gretzky in 93.

Ok, we got a 4 on 4 out of it, atleast that's good
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:20 am

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby Cannie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:29 pm

The Canucks are obviously not in synch, and they are struggling with defensive zone coverage, but hey its early. I'll take an October speed bump any day, especially now that the team is firmly focusing towards a playoff run. That said, we have to position ourselves in the regular season to make a run, and losses to Colorado and the CBJ can't help.

Bit worried about Luongo, frankly. Not liking the head shake after every goal. He's got a mountain on his shoulders right now.

Cannie
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
User avatar
Cannie
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Chilliwack, via Perth, Australia

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby Ridleyfan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:32 pm

This is at least four flavours of bad.

I suspect Luongo is just trying TOO hard. He seems to be overplaying everything in front of him.
The Leafs: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:31 pm
Location: Dawson Creek, BC

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby Jelly » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:39 pm

I really wished they had started Raycroft against the Avs, not only because Raycroft played there last season, but it was a high noon game, at a high altitude, after a hard loss.

*shrug* what matters is the result at the end of the season, that we are one of the top 8 teams of our conference, and don't have any injury trouble.

Heck, If Yzerman sees this and say Brodeur will start for the Olympics, I'll even be happier, less chance Luongo gets injuried.

Start the game like it's not their business, then after the mid way point, they turn it on and finish totally controlling it.

It just might be the mantra of the season. (Pittsburg was one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs last season, food for thought)
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:20 am

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby levelheaded » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Jelly wrote:(Pittsburg was one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs last season, food for thought)

We were the 2nd hottest team going into the playoffs and St. Louis was #1. Hot streaks don't really count for much IMO. We were 7-0-2 in the preseason. We are 0-3-0 when it actually counts.
User avatar
levelheaded
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Toronto, but heart's in Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby trouble » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:41 pm

This lose goes 100% on Luongo. He sucked..sorry for being so blunt.. But why beat around the bush.. He does not look sharp

Watching him play was giving me flash back of Cloutier

But keep playing him... He will turn it around
trouble
 

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby nucks_girl » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:20 am

The only thing that concerns me right now about Luongo is this - is he just playing out his normal October slow start, or is he thinking about every shot a little too hard because he's trying to play himself into #1 on Team Canada?

It's concerning because if pressure to play for Team Canada can make him second guess his plays, he's coming from a weak place mentally.

Let me be wrong. Here's to shaking out the cobwebs. :cheers:

And just for good measure :drunk:
User avatar
nucks_girl
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby LotusBlossom » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:44 am

nucks_girl wrote:The only thing that concerns me right now about Luongo is this - is he just playing out his normal October slow start, or is he thinking about every shot a little too hard because he's trying to play himself into #1 on Team Canada?

It's concerning because if pressure to play for Team Canada can make him second guess his plays, he's coming from a weak place mentally.

Let me be wrong. Here's to shaking out the cobwebs. :cheers:

And just for good measure :drunk:


I think it's the latter. Cobwebs and the traditional slow starts. Not as concerned as the callers on TEAM1040 this morning. Christ, you'd think Luongo was Steve Weeks (yes Steve not Kevin, I know who I am talking about here) with they way they are describing him.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby dr.dork » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 am

LotusBlossom wrote:I think it's the latter. Cobwebs and the traditional slow starts. Not as concerned as the callers on TEAM1040 this morning. Christ, you'd think Luongo was Steve Weeks (yes Steve not Kevin, I know who I am talking about here) with they way they are describing him.


He has a bad case of cobwebs and overplaying. Shades of the Chicago game last night, with everything that could go wrong going wrong.

The good news is Burrows and the Twins. Mitchell looks good and Salo NEVER (EVER) does anything dumb. I am starting to think this whole notion of even thinking of trading Salo (even ignoring his NTC) is incredibly dumb. Yes he has injury issues but that is the gamble we take. Better to have a shot at going far IF someone is healthy than have NO shot if you trade him. Same can be said of Demitra as well, I suppose.

Shirokov is looking lost as well. He has the skill there is no doubt about that but he may need some seasoning at some point in the A.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Postby LotusBlossom » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:07 am

dr.dork wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:I think it's the latter. Cobwebs and the traditional slow starts. Not as concerned as the callers on TEAM1040 this morning. Christ, you'd think Luongo was Steve Weeks (yes Steve not Kevin, I know who I am talking about here) with they way they are describing him.


He has a bad case of cobwebs and overplaying. Shades of the Chicago game last night, with everything that could go wrong going wrong.

The good news is Burrows and the Twins. Mitchell looks good and Salo NEVER (EVER) does anything dumb. I am starting to think this whole notion of even thinking of trading Salo (even ignoring his NTC) is incredibly dumb. Yes he has injury issues but that is the gamble we take. Better to have a shot at going far IF someone is healthy than have NO shot if you trade him. Same can be said of Demitra as well, I suppose.

Shirokov is looking lost as well. He has the skill there is no doubt about that but he may need some seasoning at some point in the A.


Yeah the 1st line looked great last night. Samuelsson looked good as well. Just seeing the ice well, IMO. Also, I just want to point out once Ehrhoff gets comfortable out there with his new pairing, he'll send another threat from the blueline, much like Salo does.

Mitchell had a good game last night, and was rewarded with a goal. I know he's not expected to contribute in that fashion but it's nice to see.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Next

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest