Opening night, Luongo starting as expected. Flames in their retro jerseys, I kinda wished the Canucks matched it with the skate jersey and it would really be something neat. Yes! The Calgary FIRE DEPARTMENT here to sing the national anthem, time to PUT OUT THE FLAMES! They really didn't think this out did they.
Refs being paided off for the first period? Or did they get a death threat from the fans before the game? I never liked Dan O'Halloran before and I hate him even more now. Jokien skated INTO Henrik's stick and Henrik gets a penalty. Flames shoot the puck into the stands from the defensive zone, no penalty, man, I wish I put some money on this rigged crap. Two taps on the stick gets Burrows two minutes in the box, isn't the rule where you actually have to hook the body for it to be a penalty?
- O'Brien gaff x 1, fanned a clearing attempt and pinned us in the zone for a whole minute. x2 Pinched hard to throw a hit, but he aimed his elbow at someone's head, looks like he's going for the league PIM leader award again. Has to take some responsibility on the 2nd PP goal as well, he was in the passing lane couple seconds before the pass, but he decided to move to the other side of the net before the puck carrier was even close to be behind the net.
- Mitchell's first clear on the PK somehow tells me that he has learned from that mistake in Chicago series, he controlled the puck, got his head up, looked for gap, THEN fire the puck.
- Bieksa was lazy on the 2nd PPGA, should've covered the passing lane as well. Is it miscommunication? Good for him going after Phaneuf at the end of the first period, would've been better if he lands a punch though. Bieksa just watched Prust walked to the front of the net and let him jam at Luongo for the goal. What, the, Fuck?
- Rypien was chasing the puck to the point too fast one the first PPG against, Don Cherry said it last year, team's PK systems are always collapsing on the net, and leaving the point man too much space will cost them, he was right once again. Rpyien didn't cover the man moving into shooting position, that costed us the 2nd PP goal, I'm not sure if he should have, but it definitely didn't look good.
- Salo and Kesler both didn't want the puck, and then it goes to Pardy and then back of the net. Great, just great. I'm very surprised Rypien and Hordichuk didn't start a fight after the second goal by the Flames, sure, the Flames players might not be responsive, but comon.
- Bernier, chances were there, but no finish for Bernier yet, providing a good screen on our first goal.
- Raymond playing a strong game, still blazing fast. Raymond has developed a physical side to his game, I love it.
- Shirokov had an okay game, a few chances, a missed quality chance, physical, took the beatings. He definitely deserves more look.
- Burrows doing what he does best, hard work, hard work, and hard work. Well deserved goal, great start to the 3rd.
- Phaneuf being a clown again, there was absolutely no need to hit Daniel Sedin with a couple seconds left. Like true Phaneuf style, he turtles and refuses to answer the bell. I can't wait till someone take him out for good, heck, if he dies from someone pounding his head in, I would enjoy it. Two cross checks on Kesler on the PK, knocking Kesler down, if that's not cross checking, then what is?
The team woke up in the third, dominated the play for the first 5 minutes, out shot the flames 10-0 in the process, a few chances, showed their might, but it was just a little too late.
Tough loss, lots of things learned, some positives that we need to grow on, like how we can dominate the play if we just turn our engines on.
Too depressed, Ima finish my whiskey bottle
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.