GDT Anaheim @ Vancouver

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT Anaheim @ Vancouver

Postby Jelly » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Starting after the game starts!

Staring line ups

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/2 ... 010073.HTM
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT Anaheim @ Vancouver

Postby Jelly » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Canucks really started slow, and then the penalties totally messed our lines. I really want a Getzlaf on our team, can someone clone him?

Grabner actually got a couple quality chances and hit the net for once, couldn't get a good shot on a couple times, the other 5 times, he couldn't handle the puck. He did pick up his play towards the end of the 3rd, and AV rewarded him with ice time with less then 90 seconds left.

Raycroft looks like he's in his rookie form, he's no Luongo, but he an't shabby. This isn't Islanders he faced in the first preseason game, this is a high powered team in the Ducks dressing all their fire power. Schneider will really have to answer this over the weekend if he wants to challenge for the back up spot. Right now, Raycroft has it locked up. First goal was with Perry in his face, second one he really should have had.

Daniel VS Getzlaf? Daniel has played really well, and physically, as if this was a playoff game. I love this.

Hodgson got limited ice time in the first, I noticed that he did try harder on the back check, his stride looks better, but he is still a step below, still is finding ways of getting lost around the puck. Is he just trying too hard? Still way too quiet.

-Wellwood is showing a lot of promise, he is going to be fun to watch in the season. He needs Raymond and Bernier to be effective as an unit, he was quiet tonight.
-Parrish didn't really do much, I'm surprised he made it past the last round of cuts.
-Pope has worked hard all game, and like last night, hard work gets rewarded with some puck bounces. Playing in OT with Daniel? He's making it hard for the coaching staff too.
-O'Brien pulled an Edler from last night, didn't he? He still needs to stop trying to make a pretty play in defensive zone though.
- Funk played surprisingly well, jumping up on the offense, his defensive side needs a bit more work though, but I like his name, Pope from Funk and Rome? Read it really fast, oooboy if that ever happens.
- Rome has quietly played a very good game, he didn't do anything bad, other then being average.

Selanne is a Canucks killer.

I'm off to drink myself to sleep. Blown coverage sucks.

Damn Sedins are off pace now! But what can you expect when we didn't have our secondary scoring threat? Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, Bernier, Raymond, Shirokov, all weren't in the line up.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Return to Game Day Forum