GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby Cornuck » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:43 am

The team continues their road trip and needs to bounce back after their loss in the desert. Of course, Dallas is in the running for the 'Parity Cup' and needs to make up some points as well.

After 4 straight losses on the road, the Canucks need to change their ways. Seeing how it's been away from GM Place, the Canucks would benefit from home ice - at least in their first series. The Stars will be without Zubov and Morrow.

At this point in the season, it's just try to chisel away at 4th, or possibly 3rd and avoid injuries. It will take a meltdown of Canuckian proportions to fall out of the playoffs at this point.

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Game Notes
THN.com TooT
(CTRL+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby Linden Is God » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:55 am

I love the fact this is an earlier game. I actually get to watch the whole game. I think bouncing back in this game will be huge after the blow out against Phoenix. As sated above, the Canucks need to get the ball rolling on the road.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
User avatar
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Timmins, Ontario

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby Mikodat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:37 am

Might be a tough game to win.. Dallas is never a pushover and they will be playing desperate hockey. They still got a shot at a playoff spot so will be motivated .. Maybe this is a more important game to Dallas than the Nucks.. We will see who wants it most .. Luongo should be on top of his game.. and hopefully the rest of the team shows up :) I,m calling it as a close game.. with good goaltending.. score maybe 2-1 .. take your pick of winners. But think I'll stick with the Nucks.. Kesler with winning goal :) ( burrows next time :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
User avatar
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Victoria

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby LotusBlossom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Cornuck wrote:
At this point in the season, it's just try to chisel away at 4th, or possibly 3rd and avoid injuries. It will take a meltdown of Canuckian proportions to fall out of the playoffs at this point.





Ummm..lol that's opening up a can of worms there. Yeah I've seen that story before. :mad: ALA 2003 playoffs against the Wild...it was a meltdown ofCanuckian proportions for sure. :|

Tonight is going to be an entertaining game for sure. Nucks needed to end their road slump and the Stars just needing to win.

I must say the last few meetings against the Stars and Nucks have been highly entertaining games. I don't see this one being any different.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby Cookie La Rue » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm going to bed now and not available for game time. Too early in the night for me..

Go Canucks Go
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
User avatar
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:57 pm
Location: 50° 10' North / 8° 34' East

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby Cornuck » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:17 pm

OV is playing his first game as a Canuck. 3 PP goals so far and things are looking good after 2.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby levelheaded » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Cornuck wrote:OV is playing his first game as a Canuck. 3 PP goals so far and things are looking good after 2.


I only just got my internet working again but it seems like a delightfully scrappy affair. Dallas is just one of those teams we seem to really play against.

Nice to see the Sedins both chipping in and our powerplay ticking along. Apparently the Kesler goal was pretty sweet.

We just need to keep from getting complacent in the third.
User avatar
levelheaded
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Toronto, but heart's in Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby randymeeks » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Dallas reminds me of the way we were last season down the stretch drive. Beat up with injuries, with a bunch of lunch bucket players who are working hard but without their injured players, they are just running out of gas.

When Steve Ott is your best forward, you are in a whole heap of trouble...... :o Is Mike Modano playing injured or is he at the end of the road?

Overall, another good performance after a crappy start. Great goal by Kesler the way he just skated around Sydor and puts it by Turco. I just hope we can stay healthy down the stretch and in the playoffs.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:43 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby dr.dork » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:32 pm

randymeeks wrote:Dallas reminds me of the way we were last season down the stretch drive. Beat up with injuries, with a bunch of lunch bucket players who are working hard but without their injured players, they are just running out of gas.

When Steve Ott is your best forward, you are in a whole heap of trouble...... :o Is Mike Modano playing injured or is he at the end of the road?


Dallas probably has less injuries than we did last year but they have lost all their quality players. Morrow, Zubov and Richards. Ouch. And they still aren't pushovers.

Modano is getting up there in years (same age as Linden) but I would still take him on my team. Remember that he was making less than the dysfunctional nitwit Avery... :P
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks in Dallas - 5:30 PM - SNet | 3/24

Postby Broda » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 pm

dr.dork wrote:
randymeeks wrote:Dallas reminds me of the way we were last season down the stretch drive. Beat up with injuries, with a bunch of lunch bucket players who are working hard but without their injured players, they are just running out of gas.

When Steve Ott is your best forward, you are in a whole heap of trouble...... :o Is Mike Modano playing injured or is he at the end of the road?


Dallas probably has less injuries than we did last year but they have lost all their quality players. Morrow, Zubov and Richards. Ouch. And they still aren't pushovers.

Modano is getting up there in years (same age as Linden) but I would still take him on my team. Remember that he was making less than the dysfunctional nitwit Avery... :P


They are already over 300 man games lost compared to our 265 last year. So we were less beat up than they are currently
User avatar
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:35 am
Location: Vancity


Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest