Canucks & Sharks - 7pm - CBC, NHLN(US) - 3/7

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks & Sharks - 7pm - CBC, NHLN(US) - 3/7

Post by Cornuck »

Tonight we see how the hottest team in the league matches up against the conference leader.

Being that I'm extremely hung-over, that's all I can type.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canucks & Sharks - 7pm - CBC, NHLN(US) - 3/7

Post by Mikodat »

Its early morning in Bangkok and I will be listening to team 1040 at 10 AM for this game.. Think Canucks will win 3 - 1 .. If D Sedin hadn't taken a bone headed offensive zone penalty we'd of beat them in the shark tank... Sundin will hit stride this game and its time for the Sedins to really show up.. 2 goals for Sundin/Kesler line 1 for Sedin line and great goaltending from Luongo :)

Later today I will be screaming at the Pelican Flyers of the Thai World Hockey League !! playoff time in Bangkok ..kinda nice to be in a hockey rink when the temp outside is 36 :) Goooooo Canucks...... Go Pelicansssssssssss !!
Attachments
teampic2.jpg
teampic2.jpg (87.51 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Well then a toast to a couple of (hopefully) victors in the Canucks and Pelicans.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Great start!

Quick thoughts

- This team looks great on the ice and on paper, but not getting that third-line center is the only Achilles heel I see at the moment (beyond injury likelihood). Would be nice if an organizational alternative to Wellwood was discovered, but I don't see a candidate.

- Ohlie should be taken off the powerplay. His hands are slowing down just as quickly as his legs.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:

- This team looks great on the ice and on paper, but not getting that third-line center is the only Achilles heel I see at the moment (beyond injury likelihood). Would be nice if an organizational alternative to Wellwood was discovered, but I don't see a candidate.
Agreed. The other achilles is the powerplay. Get Wellwood off of it! Burrows would be better than him.
They've had some chances but you have to bury a few of them once in a while.
Too bad Dallas picked up Morrison, he would have been an upgrade on Welly.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Special teams do need to be more consistent. The powerplay can look deadly and then docile depending on the night.

As for Morrison being an improvement? A slight one at best I think. The Pahlsson trade is looming in the back of my mind, especially because we will probably be playing the Hawks first round.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

HUGE win tonight. Nice to make some space from those that are chasing the Canucks.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

I never thought I'd complain about not hearing Marc Crawfords voice, but did anyone else notice the audio on CBC was mostly crowd and ice noise and the announcers could barely be heard?
Canucks looked good, not many penalties,some nice one-timers and they kept up their intensity for the whole game.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Good game :) Bieksa takes a dumb penalty to let Sharks back into the game then scores a goal to kill them !! Kesler playing like a million dollar man !! Luongo outstanding. Team is peaking at the right time !! I got the score right for a change but the shooters wrong ..Had a tough time hearing the game on 1040. Now for a win by the Pelican Flyers tonight and it will be a perfect day !!
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Mikodat wrote:Think Canucks will win 3 - 1 .. Go Pelicansssssssssss !!
hell yeah you got it.... now i'm convinced, the cup just goes about us and i'll be in Van for game 7 where ever the'll play. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'