GDT: Canucks host BJ's - 5pm - Snet | 3/1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host BJ's - 5pm - Snet | 3/1

Post by Cornuck »

5 O'CLOCK START TONIGHT
Live on Yahoo.com

Wow - another Sunday game against Columbus?

The two hottest teams in the NHL face off tonight in a battle for 5th place. Will the Canucks continue their pace from the Tampa game or turn it up a notch in this 'four point' game? Columbus is on a fourth quarter roll trying to make their first playoff spot in team history. It seems like they'll do it, but hopefully the Nucks will slow them down a little tonight (or the BJ's will sweep the season series).

I'm guessing we'll meet eventual Calder winner Steve Mason in goal tonight which will make for a good battle of netminders. No word yet on if we'll see Ossi tonight, he has practiced with the team.

NHL.com Preview
THN.com TooT
Canucks.com Game Notes
(Ctrl+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host BJ's - 5pm - Snet | 3/1

Post by LotusBlossom »

Bettman's schedulers are idiots... but then again, it was made before the two hottest teams in the NHL presently were the two hottest teams presently.

:D'lee McCheese.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

As an easterner, I'm glad this game is earlier. I'm always weary when the Canucks play the beejers. It seems to me that the Canucks have a losing record against them. Anyways, a win will be huge (as always).

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote:As an easterner, I'm glad this game is earlier.
99% of the time I'd agree with this, but sadly I have a paper due Monday afternoon and the Canucks game will be too great a distraction for me to pass up. If it was at the end of the night at least I'd be able to justify taking the time off to myself. :(

Oh well, hockey is far more important than an education anyways.

I say a 3-2 SO loss. Mats with a goal, Demitra with the other. Nash and Umberger for them.

GO CANUCKS GO
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Its cool they only brought one camera for the game tonight...
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Broda wrote:Its cool they only brought one camera for the game tonight...
What the hell was up with that?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Both home games against Columbus are/were 5:00 PM starts. Isn't the time start supposed to be an advantage for the home team? Have you ever seen an Eastern team start a game at 10:00 PM Eastern time to accommodate a Western team? I guess Buttman feels the need to help the Columbus franchise make the playoffs a priority.
It's a good thing they scored on the 2 man advantage at the end of the first. The Canucks were making Mason look good by shooting low and at him and not getting bodies in front of him. I hope for the third Vigneault doesn't tell them to fall back to center ice and protect the lead the same way he did with a 2 goal lead the last time Columbus was in town, a game I went to.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

the Curling Finals on TSN is more interesting then this boring hockey game, yawn!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Two points gives us a little breathing room from the guys nipping at our heels. Can't complain about that.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

tey wrote:the Curling Finals on TSN is more interesting then this boring hockey game, yawn!
3-1 Canucks over the Dinner Jackets. Vancouver outplays Columbus and outshoots them 30-20. I'll take this over curling. You can go play with your rocks if you want.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

That was a great goal on the 3 on 1 - I was worried that there was going to be too many passes...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

A huge win over Columbus. Outshot, outhit, outplayed and outscored the Jackets tonight. Pretty much dominated most of the game except early in the 3rd. When the boys are skating and hitting like that they are hard to play against. We just need some consistancy and we can go somewhere. Bring on the Wild!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

A huge win that went a long way to solidifying our playoff chances. That really could not have gone any better. The only downside was Louie not getting the shutout. Maybe we were a bit cautious in the 3rd, but we responded nicely after they scored to make it 2-1.

Absolutely no complaint. All four lines contributed and their were no stupid plays. Plus Calgary and Dallas lost to eastern conference teams. That really was a huge win.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

levelheaded wrote:The only downside was Louie not getting the shutout.
And Daniel hitting the post with 2 seconds left in the game. Had he done that, he would have outscored Nash and I would have won on my proline.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

mr perfect wrote:Both home games against Columbus are/were 5:00 PM starts. Isn't the time start supposed to be an advantage for the home team?
Question really is...what is Columbus doing in the Western Conference...
:eh: :roll: :look:
mr perfect wrote: Have you ever seen an Eastern team start a game at 10:00 PM Eastern time to accommodate a Western team? I guess Buttman feels the need to help the Columbus franchise make the playoffs a priority.
Columbus in the playoffs means "Bettman's Children" works. Columbus has promise and Ohio State has a good hockey program, I just find it funny that Ohio is considered to be in the west... I think the NHL has failed geography class...that's all.

;)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde