Special GDT: Canucks @ Leafs - 2/21 - 4PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Special GDT: Canucks @ Leafs - 2/21 - 4PM

Postby Robert » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Well I listened to most of it; they sure sounded crappy for most of the game, but as mentioned I guess the laffs were on fire tonight. Exciting finish!

Joe, I care how they get the two points. I can tell you I feel better when they play very very well in an exciting game and lose, than a real stinker and win. But that's just me.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Postby dr.dork » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:25 am

Robert wrote:Joe, I care how they get the two points. I can tell you I feel better when they play very very well in an exciting game and lose, than a real stinker and win. But that's just me.

Look, this is basically game 7 of an 8 (count 'em, 8) game road trip. The one stopover in Vancouver doesn't count (it is really part of a brutal road trip). The last 7 games were in 7 different cities. And after game 7 of an 8 different city in 8 games trip the canucks have 12 points, and lost two only because of a VERY good performance by Turco. And this is after the January to forget.

We're finding ways to win even when we're not on the top of our game. Better to do that than find ways to lose while playing not that bad (see: January, at times).

The scary part is the teams and schedule in March and April is easier. When the going is easier we tend to fold...
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby trouble » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:14 am

dr.dork wrote:
Robert wrote:Joe, I care how they get the two points. I can tell you I feel better when they play very very well in an exciting game and lose, than a real stinker and win. But that's just me.

Look, this is basically game 7 of an 8 (count 'em, 8) game road trip. The one stopover in Vancouver doesn't count (it is really part of a brutal road trip). The last 7 games were in 7 different cities. And after game 7 of an 8 different city in 8 games trip the canucks have 12 points, and lost two only because of a VERY good performance by Turco. And this is after the January to forget.

We're finding ways to win even when we're not on the top of our game. Better to do that than find ways to lose while playing not that bad (see: January, at times).

The scary part is the teams and schedule in March and April is easier. When the going is easier we tend to fold...

Great post..

Just to add to this.. The Canucks are the hottest team in the NHL... with a record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 games. Who saw this coming during the slide in January..
trouble

Postby Robert » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:04 am

dr.dork wrote:

I am allowing them an excuse, no problem. My comment is more in general terms; I'm fully aware what travel and as I understand it everyone with the team is sick. Sometimes it is nice under circumstances to just be happy with two points and I get like that too.. however my earlier comment still stands.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum