Special GDT: Canucks @ leaves - 2/21 - 4PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Special GDT: Canucks @ leaves - 2/21 - 4PM

Post by Cornuck »

I hope that nobody minds that I'm creating a special edition of a GDT for this one.

I see this game as being close to a playoff game in terms of the hype and media circus that will surround it. Mats Sundin returns home to Hogtown in what will either be a lovefest or a public execution. Will the hockey mad (or is it "hockey neurotic") center of the universe welcome back their prodigal son, or will he be reviled for abandoning them when they were 'on the verge of winning a Cup' :oops:

The team is on a roll and this game will be the best opportunity to prove the eastern biased press that they are a contender. They have to be up for this one. Sundin has to be up for this one. Whatever happens, it will be interesting to see how the team reacts to being under the magnifying glass.

So far this month, the leaves are 2-3-3 compared to our 7-1. Their PK and GA are worst in the league. Their shootout record is the same as ours. :eh: Is Luongo back to form? .926 in his last two game might indicate yes!

NHL.com Preview
THN.com Tale of the Tape
How will the fans react?
(CTRL+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
GO MATSGO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Re: Special GDT: Canucks @ leaves - 2/21 - 4PM

Post by levelheaded »

I am so pumped for this game. I'll be wearing my Mats Sundin Canucks t-shirt tomorrow with pride. A hattrick would silence those boos nicely wouldn't they? 8-)

It's been a long time since I've been this excited for a game against an Eastern conference team. The Canucks better continue their roll. Hollywood couldn't have written a better script to this one. :mrgreen:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

The atmosphere will be fun, but lets be honest, that is a terrible team. We have no excuse to lose this game, if we come prepared this one should absolutely be ours.

Would be nice to get a couple more wins, sort of balance out that god awful streak and then start out toward really showing what this team could potentially do.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

levelheaded wrote:I am so pumped for this game. I'll be wearing my Mats Sundin Canucks t-shirt tomorrow with pride. A hattrick would silence those boos nicely wouldn't they? 8-)

It's been a long time since I've been this excited for a game against an Eastern conference team. The Canucks better continue their roll. Hollywood couldn't have written a better script to this one. :mrgreen:
LOL

I'll be there and cheering on the Nucks. Forget the freaking leaves! They are so terrible with no hope this year...if we lose it would be worse than losing to St Louis or the Islanders.

I'll be there...Nucks colours with pride.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I hope we just blow them out! 9-0 It would be nice but it aint going to happen. Anyways, I'll have to miss it but if someone can put it on a dvd maybe we could work out a trade??

GO CANUCKS!!
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

One of the things thats frustrating about this matchup... is its on Saturday night.. which for some reason the leaves seem to play well. But this is definetly a game that the canucks have to win if they expect to make and stay in the playoff race. This team won't be able to either make the playoffs or do anything in the playoffs if we can't put away teams that aren't doing well. I think they have been playing very well though and don't expect things to change tonight. I'm looking for Captain Lu to build on his last two performances and Mats to have a multi-point night for a canucks win.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Robert wrote:I hope we just blow them out! 9-0 It would be nice but it aint going to happen.

GO CANUCKS!!
That would be 3 hattricks for Mats.. :lol:

I'm watching the game tonight at my brothers home/tv, just 2 points would be ok. :mex:

Hockey Day in Canada...Go Canucks Go

ps: i have to hurry up, the first game has already started.....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Thank God the Sundin thing is done and he can get his head back into winning two points for his team.

Give the Laffs credit, they came to play tonight, though they seem to play well on Saturdays of late. Their sticks are active tonight and the boys didn't get much free time with the puck in the 1st. The boys just have to work on quick, simple breakouts and then making simple plays in the offensive zone.

Sucks down 1-0 but if they can just get their breakouts working, they should do fine. If someone can smash Blake's head into the boards, that wouldn't hurt either.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Well that wasn't pretty, but the ending was alright.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Sundin gets the winner!

A little too close for me. Plus we put some points ahead of Dallas (lost) and Columbus (lost).

Great night! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
trouble

Post by trouble »

LMAO... Could it have ended better.. :lol:
trouble

Post by trouble »

the toucan kid wrote:Well that wasn't pretty, but the ending was alright.
Who cares how ya get the 2 points, as long as ya get them..hehe
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

That was f@#king awsome! Way to say F@ck you! To Toronto!
Don Cherry for P.M.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

The boys didn't play very well tonight but give the leaves credit for a pretty strong performance.
Both goalies played very well with the exception of Lou on the second goal. He's still not 100% in the groove.
Gotta love Mats getting the winner in the shootout...and making it look easy!
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Will Willie Mitchell and his Mommy and Daddy be hiring a smarmy lawyer and suing Dominic Moore for millions for that high stick?