Canucks @ Calgary - 7:30 Snet 2/17/09

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks @ Calgary - 7:30 Snet 2/17/09

Post by Cornuck »

Tonight we see how we measure up to the division leading and much hated Flames. I've been in Vegas (and sick) for the past week, so I really have no idea what's been going lately.

I do know one thing though - we need to win. The West is far too tight right now.

NHL.com Preview

GO CANUCKS GO!

ps: Speaking of Vegas, current odds for the Canucks are 30-1 to win the Cup.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks @ Calgary - 7:30 Snet 2/17/09

Post by the toucan kid »

Christ, Roger Millions is annoying...

Oh, man is that Loubardias too... never get got in the Sportsnet West region.

Anyway should be a great game, and I hope we win, but it will be close.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I want a total annihilation of the Flames tonight.

I hate that on the centre ice package I have the Flames feed with Millions and Loubardias. Is this an all the feeds?

One of those idiots said that Kesler and Burrows have not been as effective since being moved on the top two lines. Have they watched any of the Canucks games since?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Salo a question mark again? hahaha

good start though.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Nice a shorty to get back in the game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

OH MAN YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME LOU!

Wellwood you poor bastard.

Kipper is just lights out right now, our guy, not so much.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Did we um... win in a shootout?

I can't believe that just happened. :shock:

6 of 7 baby!
trouble

Post by trouble »

Good game tonight.. Kipper was unreal... Some of the best saves i have seen in a long time..

This game should have been a Canucks win in regulation....

That was a tough goal to watch on Lou... but he bounced back and got us the extra point

The Canucks looked lazy for about 40 minutes but still did enough to win...

I was hoping they would blow out the flames.. Maybe next time

BTW... LOL at Mitchell with the 10 foot stick...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Kipper won the goaltending battle, and we won the game. That's awesome.

I was praying Bert wouldn't sink us in the shootout, good for him for beating Luongo... happy he hit the post!

That was the proverbial character win. Good measuring stick and shows we can compete with the conference's elite.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Without any comments, 2 points against the Flames are sweeter than words... :rockin:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Good measuring stick and shows we can compete with the conference's elite.
Was this pun intended??

Wow is all I can say. I'm glad I stayed up to watch most of this game. I couldn't stay up for the last 5 minutes of regulation and was convinced the Canucks weren't coming back. Aside from that one weak goal Lou let in, I think he should have been a star as well. While I can agree that Kipper was the first star, Lou was pretty damn good himself.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I just listened to the coach's comments regarding Wellwood. Man do I think it's unfair. "He should just bare down more".. are you kidding me? Wow that was just one of the sickest saves you'll ever see! I don't get it.. from that play Wellwood did not deserve taht comment. If the coach was just waiting for "any" play to make that comment well I'm not sure that's fair either as I admit to to being able to watch many games but I've seen a small few here the last week and I thought Wellwood has worked his ass off. At least I've noticed his skating is way faster than I had though he could do... oh well.

Great 2 points though! (I still don't consider it a true win)
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Robert wrote:I just listened to the coach's comments regarding Wellwood. Man do I think it's unfair. "He should just bare down more".. are you kidding me? Wow that was just one of the sickest saves you'll ever see! I don't get it.. from that play Wellwood did not deserve taht comment. If the coach was just waiting for "any" play to make that comment well I'm not sure that's fair either as I admit to to being able to watch many games but I've seen a small few here the last week and I thought Wellwood has worked his ass off. At least I've noticed his skating is way faster than I had though he could do... oh well.
We played great in the 3rd and it sure feels good to be 8 back of Calgary rather than 11. I don't know if I believe this shootout win thing either even though I saw it with my own two eyes.

Agree on Wellwood. That was just a sick save and from the replays it looks like he stopped it on the line. Wellwood did everything he could. He got it up, and he got it away fairly quickly. AV is just going to make Wellwood think more, and that is what you DON'T want to do.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Robert wrote:I just listened to the coach's comments regarding Wellwood. Man do I think it's unfair. "He should just bare down more".. are you kidding me? Wow that was just one of the sickest saves you'll ever see!
The funny thing on this is that even some of the Kiprusoffarians blaming AV but for showing no respect to the goalie and not to Wellwood. :lol:

In the end it was a tie but our team needs the 2nd point more than theirs...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I heard he also called out Sundin and Demitraaaah.. I can't comment on that but holy shit man I think the kipper is still standing in the crease trying to figure out what happened on that shot! On a night where kipper was unreal, he was completely fooled on that one.