GDT: Canucks host the Canes - 7pm - Snet(HD)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host the Canes - 7pm - Snet(HD)

Post by Cornuck »

So how will team that's in a horrible slump do tonight against a hot Caroline team? Could it be 10 in a row at home? Or the beginning of a string of wins? Does anyone care at this point?

Demitra should/could be back. That's possibly the only good news coming into tonight's game.

NHL.com Preview
THN.com Tale of the Tape

GO CANUCKS GO?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks host the Canes - 7pm - Snet(HD)

Post by BingoTough »

I predict a real stinker from out boys. Bottom of the barrel stuff. 6-0, Luongo pulled.

Predicting wins hasn't helped. Maybe predicting losses will.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I'll be working, won't be watching... don't particularly care at this point. I'm not jumping off the band wagon, I'm just turning off the in-flight movie until the shitty part is over.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I don't want to go a perfect 0-10 on predictions during this stand of futility, so I will say the Canucks lose.

Come on, 'nucks, I DARE you to extend my streak.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Might as well not guess a score or anything because it hasn't worked lately. Instead I predict Bieksa will make at least two horrible turnovers and Henrik Sedin will pass up on three glorious scoring opportunities.

After the Canucks lost 3 in a row I said I wouldn't shave until we won again assuming it would take a game or two. I gave that up today, maybe our fortunes will change.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

levelheaded wrote:Might as well not guess a score or anything because it hasn't worked lately. Instead I predict Bieksa will make at least two horrible turnovers and Henrik Sedin will pass up on three glorious scoring opportunities.

After the Canucks lost 3 in a row I said I wouldn't shave until we won again assuming it would take a game or two. I gave that up today, maybe our fortunes will change.
I'll see your three glorious scoring opportunities from Henrik and raise you two hooking calls.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

BingoTough wrote:
levelheaded wrote:Might as well not guess a score or anything because it hasn't worked lately. Instead I predict Bieksa will make at least two horrible turnovers and Henrik Sedin will pass up on three glorious scoring opportunities.

I'll see your three glorious scoring opportunities from Henrik and raise you two hooking calls.
I'll Call... with a Mats Sundin high sticking penalty and the opponent puts in the winning goal on the PP.

DOOM AND GLOOM, DOOM AND GLOOM, DOOM AND GLOOM!!!!!

actually i think they will pull one out tonight. This team has to win again some time.. with the Canes playing a 11pm eastern start and the travel. They won't have it in em to kick the downed canucks. 4-2
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

If S.O'B is in the line up, I hope he levels Staal. That's one player I just can't stand. Something about his face just makes me hate him. Maybe it's because he's a ginger, maybe it's his littlle childish cocky wooo-oooo yell that he does whenever the Canes score. Or maybe it's just that I'm full of hate because of my hockey world at the moment is depressing.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Well? Is this the game?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I tune in to see the Canucks blow their lead then Mats Sundin of all people get it back for us. I think I have stumbled into an alternate dimension.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

FINALLY!
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

Hallelujah!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Sundin first star and the Canucks win? Either we're in the twilight zone or I'm dreaming.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go figure, Kes and Burr team up for the winner. If anyone is a barometer for the team, it's those two.

The win still had warts on it, but IT'S A WIN!!!!!!

It's like a tea cup of cold water after crossing the Utah Salt Flats in mid-summer. Tastes unbelievable, but you still want more! Let's see if they've really turned the corner.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

levelheaded wrote:Sundin first star and the Canucks win? Either we're in the twilight zone or I'm dreaming.
Time to get the parade route organized. Phoenix loses, Edmonton loses, Columbus loses and the 'nucks win. Doesn't that mean we're back in the top 8 ??

Our PK sucked again, even though we got a goal shorthanded at the end. Not sure if I would have put Sundin as the first star (or even the second) but he was better. But I thought he was better recently anyway...

The turning point, without a question, was in the third period when a bouncing puck dumped through the middle hopped over (rather directly onto) a Carolina stick. The hockey gods have said enough is enough, at least on this night.

I have to admit I thought playing Demitra with Sundin and Kesler was the dumbest thing I have ever heard, but it worked.