Nucks @ Avs - 12/7

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Nucks @ Avs - 12/7

Post by Cornuck »

Another late start to the GDT finds us up one with a goal by Hordi!

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: Nucks @ Avs - 12/7

Post by dangler »

Woo-Hoo, :cheers: Bernier scores his second of the game.

He's a goal scorin ma-cheen
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Schneider.... not ready for Prime Time... A good effort by the Canucks spoiled by poor goaltending :(
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Mikodat wrote:Schneider.... not ready for Prime Time... A good effort by the Canucks spoiled by poor goaltending :(
Missed the game and just caught the highlights. Yucky goals to say the least.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Mikodat wrote:Schneider.... not ready for Prime Time... A good effort by the Canucks spoiled by poor goaltending :(
He's amazingly inconsistent. He'll have a flurry where he'll look unbeatable, then 30 seconds later he'll let in a major softie. He needs a lot more time in Manitoba than I thought.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

levelheaded wrote:
He's amazingly inconsistent. He'll have a flurry where he'll look unbeatable, then 30 seconds later he'll let in a major softie. He needs a lot more time in Manitoba than I thought.
A young goalie being consistent would be the amazing part.

He will be fine. Expectations around here were TOTALLY out of whack, as they usually are with goalies. When Louie gets back he (Schneider) needs to go back to Manitoba and work on his weaknesses and consistency.

He is still a very good prospect. But prospects, by definition, are not quite there yet. Even a dork knows that.

Call me Mr Rose Coloured glasses, but we played well tonight (and against Minnesota). We have got through that bad funk and the confidence and the effort is back.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

You're right on that one dork. Schneider is clearly ready to start becoming an NHL goalie, but in order to do so he needs to play. If you think he or anyone is going to come in and be automatic, you're crazy in 95 percent of the cases. I'm impressed with his natural ability and we did play pretty well tonight.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I don't expect him to come in and be an automatic superstar, or even be very good, just decent. He struggles with consistency, and his confidence seems to be insanely low. He's letting in a bad goal or two a game, and that's killing his development. He needs more time in Manitoba, at the very least the rest of this year. You look at players like Steve Mason and Carey Price who came in with similar levels of hype, and have shined. I didn't expect Schneider to do anything like that, but I did kind of assumed he wouldn't be the reason we're losing games. Our offence is fine right now, and our team defence is decent, our goaltending is our weakness. His one win has come against a Minnesota team that didn't even bother showing up to the rink. He's let in 3 or more goals in all of the other games he's played, with at least one eah night being of the "should've had that" variety. He's just not even close to ready. Do I think he's a flop? No. Do I think he should play any more games for the team this year? Yes. Should he start our next game? No. His confidence is pretty low right now, if he gets lit up one more time it could be a huge step back in his development. If Sanford is ready to play throw him in net, we're not doing ourselves any favours by rushing one of our two decent prospects.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I think he should start the next game and I don't really think he's been that inconsistent. To be fair the only game he really cost us (the team sucked in Calgary) was last night. Even then we got a point. I still like him more than Sandford frankly.