GDT: Nov. 27th, Canucks vs. Flames

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: Nov. 27th, Canucks vs. Flames

Post by Linden Is God »

Can the Canucks keep up the hot pace? I surely hope so. A win over the Flames would make me happier then a win over the Red Wings.

GO CANUCKS GO!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nov. 27th, Canucks vs. Flames

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote: A win over the Flames would make me happier then a win over the Red Wings.
Here here.

Unfortunately I expect us to come crashing back to earth tonight. 5-2 Flames, Ohlund and Kesler for us, Iginla X2, Phaneuf, Giordano and Moss for the Flames.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

levelheaded wrote:
Linden Is God wrote: A win over the Flames would make me happier then a win over the Red Wings.
Here here.

Unfortunately I expect us to come crashing back to earth tonight. 5-2 Flames, Ohlund and Kesler for us, Iginla X2, Phaneuf, Giordano and Moss for the Flames.
Ryan Johnson and Bernier, out, and Bieksa back in. Bolduc in. Hordichuk and Brown playing on a line with Bolduc.

It is going to be interesting to see Wellwood and Raymond on the second line along with Pyatt. Pyatt is going to need to be the grit on that line (and if he isn't, that line will be pounded).

This team will fall back down to earth sooner or later, but they will be up for the flames.

I say 3-2 'nucks. Hansen, H.Sedin and Raymond. Bertuzzi and Lanny MacDonald for the flames.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

dr.dork wrote:
levelheaded wrote:
Here here.

Ryan Johnson and Bernier, out, and Bieksa back in. Bolduc in. Hordichuk and Brown playing on a line with Bolduc.

It is going to be interesting to see Wellwood and Raymond on the second line along with Pyatt. Pyatt is going to need to be the grit on that line (and if he isn't, that line will be pounded).

This team will fall back down to earth sooner or later, but they will be up for the flames.

I say 3-2 'nucks. Hansen, H.Sedin and Raymond. Bertuzzi and Lanny MacDonald for the flames.
:lol: :lol: @ Lanny MacDonald!

3-2 Nucks... Dan, Pavol and Mason. Dion and Iggy for the Flames.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

I say 3-2 'nucks. Hansen, H.Sedin and Raymond. Bertuzzi and Lanny MacDonald for the flames
Agree on the score.but not the players.. its Tiger Williams for the Nucks with a hat trick :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Hordichuk? No way anyone saw that coming.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Cannie
CC Veteran

Post by Cannie »

Good, crisp, entertaining first 15 minutes for the Canucks. Great goal by D. Sedin going to the net, he's really got his confidence right now in the offensive zone. And Hordichuk - good for him! 2-1 right now and the Hi-Def feed from Sportsnet is working, so I'm happy.

Cannie
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Looking good after one - let's keep it going and douse the flames!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Funny thing went on for awhile. The audio was ahead of the picture on my tv for some reason. It made it so confusing to follow.

Anyways, looking good so far. Hope they keep it up.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Linden Is God wrote:Funny thing went on for awhile. The audio was ahead of the picture on my tv for some reason. It made it so confusing to follow.
That was weird, it was if the announcers were prescient.

Not a terrible game, but missed opportunities cost us in the 2nd. And Calgary seemed to want it a bit more.

Rose coloured glasses: Raymond scoring was good, and Hanson was looking better (offensively) than he has lately as well.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I know they can't win every game but in some kind of way i'm feeling it was an early x-mas present for Calgary.

Obviously there was more in the game, Hansen ringing the post, Edler with the assist for Glencross, the 5 on 3..... damn.

Just saw the last period but got that beautiful play by Wellwood to Raymond tying the game, at this point i absolutely believed in OT...

Next on saturday....

ps: btw, the Hanson Brothers still must be playing right now at the Anza Club (W 8th/Ontario). Who was there ? :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'