GDT: Canucks host Wings - 7pm SNet 11/24

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host Wings - 7pm SNet 11/24

Post by levelheaded »

Words cannot describe how much I love this team right now.

This might be my favourite rendition of the Canucks of all time

(Third November to Remember in 5 years)
JJpasadena
CC Rookie

Post by JJpasadena »

The immediate answer after the Wings went up 2-1, was amazing! That's the difference this year, the never-die attitude has been apparent all season long. I was thinking shootout after seeing Osgood kill everything...but then they pull out the win in the tough comeback game following a return from a road trip.

Another November to Remember.

p.s. Sandman's 3rd in a row.
GO CANUCKS GO
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

levelheaded wrote:This might be my favourite rendition of the Canucks of all time
This team has such a history of crushing the dreams, hopes and aspirations of its fans, that reading that statement just seems like tempting fate.

Looking at the schedule earlier, I predicted a big letdown game for Calgary on Thursday. I really hope that I'm wrong...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Cornuck wrote:
levelheaded wrote:This might be my favourite rendition of the Canucks of all time
This team has such a history of crushing the dreams, hopes and aspirations of its fans, that reading that statement just seems like tempting fate.
Probably, but I'm riding the high of the win. That was a fucking incredible game to watch.

However, I like this team because
1) They score
2) They play defence
3) They act like a team
4) They're fun to watch
5) They have goaltending
6) THEY WIN

No Canucks team in the last 10 years has had 5 of those qualities, let alone all six. Could you really have seen the 06/07 version of this team coming back against the Wings after being down a goal with under 5 to play? Do you think the 02/03 version would've even been in the game at the midway point with the way Detroit dominated us?

This is a genuinely exciting team to watch. Like 06/07 I had zero expectations going into the season, and all the team has done is impress (sans the first couple weeks of the season).

Also, how did we survive before Demitra? He has been our MVP outside of Louie this year. I was totally ready for him to be a huge waste of cap space, instead he's playing like he's 25 again.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

levelheaded wrote:Also, how did we survive before Demitra? He has been our MVP outside of Louie this year. I was totally ready for him to be a huge waste of cap space, instead he's playing like he's 25 again.
Demitra is playing well, since coming back from the injury. Very dynamic. And there's something about his game which is helping the Sedins. It's as if he gives that line a separate option besides just cycling back to the corner. I'm also very happy with our interregnum forward MVP, Kyle Wellwood. He's playing with more gumption. I think the team's work ethic is starting to rub off on him.

Anyone know what happend with Bernier? I only watched from the end of the first. He didn't play after the 13th minute. Either he was injured, or he was the goat on the first detroit goal, and got benched.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

antro wrote: Anyone know what happend with Bernier? I only watched from the end of the first. He didn't play after the 13th minute. Either he was injured, or he was the goat on the first detroit goal, and got benched.
He went into the boards in an awkward way.... looked like an injury to me.

I have been saying it for a long time, but Pyatt is playing better, and he got another result tonight. Can he play better, yes, but I wouldn't give up on him yet, especially with the way the TEAM is playing.

This would count as a steal by Sanford, which is GREAT for him. Third win in a row for the Sandman.

Little bit of the old rope-a-dope by the canucks, but take the win and move along.