GDT: November 19th, Canucks vs. Rangers, 7pm on TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: November 19th, Canucks vs. Rangers, 7pm on TSN

Postby Linden Is God » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Cornuck wrote:And Daniel with the mean-nothing goal (unless you have him in the pool) :D

Bad beat of the night. Needed Daniel to outscore Zherdev on my proline, but bet on the under for the game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby levelheaded » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:28 pm

Well, I enjoyed that. I just got to see the third period, but sounds like it was a good game. I'm honestly surprised Louie played tonight. I guess we're seeing Sanford tomorrow?

Also, Ohlund had 3a (should've had a goal on that empty net) was +4 and played 21 minutes tonight. How was he not a star?

Edit: Jesus, Raymond only played 9 minutes tonight. Was he benched again? I realize he's in a slump, but that's not a good way to improve his confidence.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Postby jchockey » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Raymond was on the fourth line with Hordichuk and Johnson. He had one good play when he used his speed and barreled down the right wing boards and got a partial break but looked off-balance when he shot the puck. He's been getting tangled up in his own legs lately - I don't know if it's MSG's bad ice or what, but he had a couple spills. He's not using his speed enough.

Anyone see that Pyatt pass on the Johnson goal? If you watch the replay he took a little peek and saw Johnson coming in - good heads up play and great vision. Last year Pyatt would've kept that puck on the boards instead of looking for the open man. His pass to Wellwood was a beauty too.

Shane O'Brien (SOB... haha) needs to sit next game and think about what he's doing. I was actually surprised he got the nod over Davison.

Lundqvist bailed on his team and apparently that's the second time in his career's he's done that with the Rangers. Thumbs down.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Postby Linden Is God » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:59 pm

jchockey wrote:
Shane O'Brien (SOB... haha)

And from now on, Shane O'Brien will be referred as the name above
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Mikodat » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:56 pm

A good game for Burrows ... and Ollie.... Demitra coming to life .. But maybe Canucks a bit lucky.. ? Lundquist definitely not on his game... PK not really doing the job... 5 on 5 seems to be our strength... Special teams only mediocre....
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby dr.dork » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:23 pm

Linden Is God wrote:Since when is Pyatt on the PK?

Pyatt has been on the PK quite a bit this year. Not sure why, but I think he started to get more time on the PK after Rypien went down.

Pyatt is playing a lot better lately, and did anyone notice the THREE great setup on the PP (same PP, I think) with the Sedin's dishing to Wellwood ? And the Sedin's never see the open player, they only pass to themselves. Uh huh. (Wellwood usually buries those, and if you want to fault the Sedin's maybe they should have shot on one or two of those).
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum