Canucks vs Coyotes 7PM GM Place Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks vs Coyotes 7PM GM Place Sportsnet

Post by mattola »

99 and co. visit the garage for their first tilt of the season between phoenix and vancouver. Which Canucks team shows up tonight ?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks vs Coyotes 7PM GM Place Sportsnet

Post by Cornuck »

Let's see... the Canucks are on a bit of roll, at home and playing a mediocre team... If this was PPV, I'd predict certain death, but will cautiously expect to see a decent 40 minutes and a victory.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Cornuck wrote:cautiously expect to see a decent 40 minutes and a victory.

LOL true dat
Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

Ouellet with the twins so...

Sedin - Sedin - Ouellet
Pyatt - Wellwood - Bernier
Burrows - Kesler - Raymond
Brown - Johnson - Hordichuk

I have to say I like the balance of the top 3 lines.
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I've had a weird day so I'm going with a crazy prediction.

5-3 Canucks

Henrik with the 4 goal, 5 point night.

O'Brien with the other.

Turris, Jokinen and Fedoruk will score for the Yotes.

GO CANUCKS GO
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I hope the Canucks smoke the Coyotes. For some reason, I just despise them. Maybe it's my hatred for Gretzky and Doan. I'm hoping for a 5-1 win, so it'll probably be a 4-1 Coyotes win just to upset me.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

In the pregame Shorty said that the Canucks is the only Jokinen has never scored against. He's obviously going to score 8 tonight now.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote:I hope the Canucks smoke the Coyotes. For some reason, I just despise them. Maybe it's my hatred for Gretzky and Doan. I'm hoping for a 5-1 win, so it'll probably be a 4-1 Coyotes win just to upset me.
How can you hate Gretzky? Sure he took the Canucks apart for years, but he's Gretzky man... :(

Edit: Bieksa sure has been great this year eh?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm with LiG - never a fan. He's a whiner, and he wasn't anything close to a complete player. He had tons of talent, and had the room to move - which most stars never had that opportunity, so he could pad his stats while not being hit (which led to a long career).
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Cornuck wrote:I'm with LiG - never a fan. He's a whiner, and he wasn't anything close to a complete player. He had tons of talent, and had the room to move - which most stars never had that opportunity, so he could pad his stats while not being hit (which led to a long career).
Those are some of my reasons. Also, I'm French. I always thought Lemieux was much better.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Linden Is God wrote:
Cornuck wrote:I'm with LiG - never a fan. He's a whiner, and he wasn't anything close to a complete player. He had tons of talent, and had the room to move - which most stars never had that opportunity, so he could pad his stats while not being hit (which led to a long career).
Those are some of my reasons. Also, I'm French. I always thought Lemieux was much better.
There was also that guy named Orr.

I'm not a huge Gretzky fan either, and he wasn't a complete player. But he was 5 foot 2 and 110 pounds, man. There is no doubt he had the best brain for hockey. He couldn't beat you over the head with his fists, but he could beat you with his brain.

1-0 after the first. Lots of posts hit, but I guess they don't count.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I put Lemieux, Orr and Howe on my all time list above Gretzky.

Listening to 1040 - sounds like a decent 1st period.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Cornuck wrote:I put Lemieux, Orr and Howe on my all time list above Gretzky.
Now that's just sensationalism. You can make a strong case for Orr, Lemieux and Howe are a lot more questionable. Shouldn't the ability to stay healthy help determine the value of a player? I realize Gretz didn't get hit as his career progressed, but you can't deny his longevity and effort. Noone could (and likely never will) pass like him, and his shot is up there among hockey players. Lemieux had the size, and talent, but not the same brain for the game. Gretzky saw the game perfectly. Orr perhaps could've been a better player but we'll never really know.

I don't get the dislike of popular players. I can understand if you think Orr was a touch better, but no way in Hell is #99 #4 all time. There is perhaps one other player in the history of pro-sports that has been more dominant statistically than Gretzky and that's Michael Jordan.

On topic the Canucks really need to capitalize soon or we're going to blow this game.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

levelheaded wrote: On topic the Canucks really need to capitalize soon or we're going to blow this game.
Canucks have no finish tonight, and that means Bernier, and Raymond. But crap happens and Bryzgalov (I am 100% sure I spelled that wrong) has been good.

If I had to pick one player from Phoenix who is actually earning his pay it would be Carcillo. I like that kid. He can play. His only problem is keeping out of the box (without taking someone else with him). Once he learns (if he learns) to not take dumb penalties, he will be a very effective energy player.

Also dumb of Gretzky to not put Turris in. The kid has 100+ friends and family at the game, and Gretzky sits him ! That is just STUPID if Turris is your future. You want to have Turris go to war for you but, oh, he comes home and you sit him. That is crap.
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

Yeah, I can't believe Turris isn't playing either. Bonehead move.