Canucks host Bruins - 7pm - TSN(HD)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Canucks host Bruins - 7pm - TSN(HD)

Postby Cornuck » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:16 am

The Canucks are once again facing 3 games in 4 nights. At least this time, it's at home. Tonight we line up against the Bruins, then take a day off before hosting the SoCal teams LA and Anaheim. At least we get the Kings first.

Injuries are still the story, but that didn't stop us from beating the Oil 6-3 with THREE 3rd period goals. Maybe some kind of shake up was needed to get this team focused again. Boston is sitting midpack with at 4-2-3 record.

Cliche of the week goes to Roberto Luongo "Just because we won tonight doesn't mean were going to win Tuesday. We've got to make sure we're ready to play and compete like we did tonight."

So lets hope that a little time off and an eastern team is just what we need.

NHL.com Preview
SportsAction pick

GO CANUCKS GO!
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks host Bruins - 7pm - TSN(HD)

Postby levelheaded » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:10 am

The Canucks need to not fall into the trap they have all season, phoning it in after a big emotional win the game before. Boston are a tough team, certainly a playoff team this year with a good chance of making the 2nd or 3rd round. This is the type of team we have to beat. Historically we've devoured the east post lockout, but we're 0-2 so far this year. We need to turn that around.

Sadly I have little faith tonight.

3-2 Boston in the SO. Daniel and Ohlund will score for us. Kessel and Bergeron for them. Bergeron with the SO winner as well.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Postby Linden Is God » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Level, I'm of the opposite spectrum. I'm very optimistic about tonight's game. The Bruins went to OT last night against the Oilers. I say 3-1 win for the Canucks.

According to http://goaliepost.com/ Fernandez is probable to start. I can't remember but how did he fair against the Canucks when he was with the Wild?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby DonCherry4PM » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Not sure what to expect tonight. Eh, just hope its a spirited affair. Would like to see a 5-3 win by the Nucks, with Salo, Kelser, Danrik and Raymond.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Postby puckhead » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:58 pm

story of the night is Looch's homecoming.

Giants will give him a memorial Cup ring to replace the one stolen from his parent's home. Not sure if it will be a public thing or not. Toigo has sprung for tickets for most of the Giants' organization.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Cornuck » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Too little too late... Lots of chances at the end.

Thomas gets his second straight shutout, sounded like he had a good game - did he play that good?
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby George » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Yeah, he was really impressive, although a bunch of our shots were right into his chest.

Not really a bad game from the Canucks, despite the loss. Wellwood and Krog continue to be good additions - they've both been better than Bernier lately, who is quickly fading in my books....
NEW CC Team History: http://canuckscorner.com/history
George vs. World: http://georgevsworld.com
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Mikodat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:43 am

Good sign.... Luongo played a better game.. Overall.. Canucks were good... Krog , Wellwood both looked ok. Kesler line continues to be our best offensive line..
Bad? .... Sedins still off the scoreboard.... Not quite enough finish on other lines...

Good close game though...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby lifer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:48 am

I would like to know why Taylor Pyatt was allowed to be in the slot during the closing seconds of the game. I know this is a team game, but Pyatt just doesn't get it done.

A very average game with almost no emotion. The crowd was not in this one at all it seemed. The only positives I could see were we only allowed one goal against and no body got injured, not even Salo.
lifer
CC Veteran

Postby LotusBlossom » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:45 am

lifer wrote:I would like to know why Taylor Pyatt was allowed to be in the slot during the closing seconds of the game. I know this is a team game, but Pyatt just doesn't get it done.

A very average game with almost no emotion. The crowd was not in this one at all it seemed. The only positives I could see were we only allowed one goal against and no body got injured, not even Salo.

Maybe with Bernier being so cold, Pyatt was the only solution. Very frustrating game to watch. Nice to see Lu play like Lu, too bad his team didn't help him out much.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Return to Game Day Forum