GDT- Canucks @ Washington - 4pm PPV, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT- Canucks @ Washington - 4pm PPV, VS

Post by Cornuck »

Game one saw our team destroy the Flames in a 6-0 blowout. In game two, they showed us they had the heart to come back from 3-1 deficit to win in overtime. So far in this very young season, we have no reason to complain about our Canucks. After a day off, the boys on the east coast in the retched town of Washington, DC. Hopefully they can sidestep the hoards of homeless people and make their way to the rink.

Tonight we'll see how the team can handle the league's top sniper. Alexander the great seems to be off to another amazing season, but hopefully, he'll be shut down tonight. We're also facing Jose Theodore, who played great against us last year. Let's hope he doesn't have our number tonight. Mostly though, I'd like to see more of Demitra in this game.

A win tonight will get us off to our best start in 9 years.

NHL.com Preview
TSN.ca Preview

GAME ON!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT- Canucks @ Washington - 4pm PPV

Post by Linden Is God »

Best start in 9 years? Wow, I figured we've had just as good starts in that time. Anyways, hopefully the team continues to roll. As a bonus, I now have the NHL Centre Ice package so I'm able to watch this game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
dallasdman
CC Rookie

Post by dallasdman »

Grow Canucks Grow......Into a Stanley Cup contender that is.
THE ZAMBONI STOPS FOR NO ONE !!!
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

I kinda wonder if Wellwood will figure into the game tonight. Seeing as its a non conferance affair. It probabbly won't have nearly the emotion in a calgary game. Could see him suiting up tonight, but trouble is who do you take out. Can't remove Hordi, Brashear beat up Bogozian the other day.. can't let that happend to one of your young guys... (i figure he won't do that again), Rypien has been playing lights out, would be tough to pull him. Hansen has pulled his weight so far, but i think he would be the most probable. ANyways Lets hope for another solid road victory tonight.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Broda wrote:I kinda wonder if Wellwood will figure into the game tonight. Seeing as its a non conferance affair. It probabbly won't have nearly the emotion in a calgary game. Could see him suiting up tonight, but trouble is who do you take out. Can't remove Hordi, Brashear beat up Bogozian the other day.. can't let that happend to one of your young guys... (i figure he won't do that again), Rypien has been playing lights out, would be tough to pull him. Hansen has pulled his weight so far, but i think he would be the most probable. ANyways Lets hope for another solid road victory tonight.
What about Pyatt being pulled out?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Going to be an interesting game.. AV has to put Wellwood in sometime... Looking at the lines it would seem that Hansen might be the odd man out even though he's played well on the 3rd line.. The other alternative is putting him up on the 2nd line replacing Pyatt ( who has shown hands of stone for last 2 games )... the main battle of course will be with Ovechkin vs our D.. Willie and Ollie.. will probably get the job. Theodore played well against the Nucks last year... but Luongo is still a superior goaltender.. I think this game will be a different game entirely.. Canucks Defence vs Caps Offence . Obrian and Davison add additional toughness to our D so along with Willie nobody is going to get a free ride over Luongo. Maybe they won't need Hordi this game ? If AV thinks that is the case.. look for Wellwood taking his spot.. Dammmm this is a fun time to be a Canucks fan :) Just watching Ovechkin vs Kessler and our D will make this game special. Now we will see if he deserves AlMo's old nickname ... the original Alexander the Great !!
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
tey
CC Veteran

Re: GDT- Canucks @ Washington - 4pm PPV, VS

Post by tey »

Damn, didn't notice that the game was a stupid PPV game, oh well they always seem to lose on PPV anyways, I guess I'll watch MNF and RAW instead, stupid PPV games!
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Ouch... this doesn't look good. Two shots on goal after the first. Luongo only at 80%... maybe there was nothing he could do about it though. Anyone watching the game?
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Wellwood in, Hordy out...
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

:crazy:

4-1 Caps. We have 3 shots.

Way to step it up boys. Uggh... This is brutal.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

What's going on????

Sure hope the guy counting the shots is very Caps biased... we can't be that bad, can we? :o

Well... back to earth after the good start :)
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

5-1... :evil:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Bret H wrote:5-1... :evil:
Yeah I turned the radio off. Glad I didn't pay for this one. Absolutely brutal. Although I still have no idea what was going on for that penalty shot call.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

glad I don't ever pay to watch these games, they're always just bad on PPV.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

God .... the nucks are sucking..... Caps 5 - 1 . Looks like a junior B team playing NHL all stars.. The caps aint that good... but the nucks are that bad tonight.. Painful to watch.. Luongo ?? Defence?? Offence?? .. or none of the above :(.... Beat in alll areas... Hits , Face offs, defensive play .
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(