GDT - Canucks @ Calgary - 7 Pacific - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT - Canucks @ Calgary - 7 Pacific - CBC

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Some terrific positives with this team as described above. In addition:
- I don't know if it's more a function of Calgary's bad pinches but the speed with which the Canucks counterattack is great fun to watch; kind of reminds me of the WCE days + Jovo
- Burrows / Kesler / Hansen so far looking like a great 2nd line, not 3rd
- If the MayRay / Demitra / Pyatt line can get untracked - lookout - they can roll out three lines; the Canadiens' Guy Carbonneau believes that the days of a third line checking unit are over, and looking at how this team can counterattack with speed, this team will surprise some people
- Has anyone else perused the CalPuck forums? The schadenfreude is all kinds of yummy... :twisted: I love how they STILL discount these two losses against a "vastly inferior Cannots team"... The cognitive dissonance is music to my eyes...

But some things they need to work on:
- It may be the strength of the Calgary PK, but the PP has to be more productive than it's been
- I love how the PK unit led by RJ has been perfect, but they need to be careful not to be overly aggressive and get themselves down two men
- BXA was a -2 before he got hurt; he didn't look bad but I hope he isn't out for too long. We'll see how Davison plays.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hell yeah, i'm starting to count more and more on this "edition".

Last night was Hanson Brothers Night, so i was unable to get in the game, but who cares.

Wins against Calgary are always so sweet.....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I have to say, Rypien has impressed me a lot. I was never a fan of his, but I'm really liking what I've seen from him so far. Hopefully his health holds up.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: