Canucks VS Avalanche (My Predictions)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

georoa
CC Rookie

Post by georoa »

:shock: Arrrrrggggggg, so much for ny stupid predictions. :oops: :evil:
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: APRIL FOOL'S DAY CHOKE

Post by B. Mackin »

Avalanche 4 Canucks 2
Bob Mackin

April Fool's Day Choke:
The Colorado Avalanche scored four unanswered goals to beat the Vancouver Canucks 4-2 April 1 at GM Place. It was Colorado’s sixth consecutive win over Vancouver, which is one point out of a playoff spot with two games left.

4:04 Error:
Willie Mitchell’s slap shot trickled in off Jose Theodore for his second goal of the campaign. Ryan Kesler added another on a second period power play. Peter Forsberg was not found because he was cited for interference at 4:04.

Turning Point:
The halfway mark was nearing and the Canucks were killing a Sami Salo penalty when John-Michael Liles converted Joe Sakic’s pass.

Willie’s Woops:
Mitchell’s stick broke on a shot attempt in the Colorado end. The puck immediately went the other way and Milan Hejduk equalized. Sakic had another assist when he set-up Wojtek Wolski’s game-winner 35 seconds later.

Lad Zab:
Wolski, a 22-year-old 2004 first round draft pick, is a native of Zabrze, Poland, which was known as Hindenburg between 1915 and 1945.

Foppa’s First:
Forsberg -- who coulda been a Canuck but is now a Colorado contender -- scored the first goal of his 2008 comeback when he beat a lacklustre Roberto Luongo on a third period breakaway.

Lousy Lu:
Luongo made just 16 saves after accepting the Molson Cup award for March, a month in which he was pulled three times.

Next up:
The Edmonton Oilers visit Thursday. Note the 7:30 p.m. start for pay-per-view TV. It’s free on Team 1040, sans the non-HD moving pictures.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Just dissappointing, no other words left right now.

The most curious situation and another slight chance regardless to Nashville will be if the Flames lose in regulation to Minny, as long as we get 2 points against the Oil....doesn't matter how.
..... then it'll come down to a monstrous showdown against Calgary because we can still catch them with a last final breath because of the tiebreaker in our favour......damn. The whole thing is too sad to think about...

Too many "ifs" but who knows, Minnesota sure wants to storm the division... but what disturbes me really is the fact that the Oil are out....imo the chance of Minnesota winning over Calgary is higher than the Canucks chance of winning against Edmonton now.

Honestly if we think rationally, the Canucks are out.... against all odds ?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I've been able to watch 2 Canucks games all year - and this was the 2nd. It was on in a bar in Kearney Nebraska where I happened to be. Once it was 4-2, I left - I couldn't stand to watch the inevitable ending...

Were the Avs making us look good for the first period? We were all over them. What happened to change the game to that extent.

After watching that meltdown, I am still a lifer, but I really don't care about the rest of this season. If they squeak into the playoffs somehow, I'll pay attention, but not get too worked up about the "in the playoffs it's a whole new season" bs. Win a series, and I'll start to give a shit.

Right now, I'm more excited about seeing Ovechkin and the Caps getting into the playoffs, and for me, that says it all.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Cornuck wrote:After watching that meltdown, I am still a lifer, but I really don't care about the rest of this season. If they squeak into the playoffs somehow, I'll pay attention, but not get too worked up about the "in the playoffs it's a whole new season" bs. Win a series, and I'll start to give a shit.

Right now, I'm more excited about seeing Ovechkin and the Caps getting into the playoffs, and for me, that says it all.
My feelings as well. With the way we have been playing getting into the playoffs is pointless other than to pad the books for the business and give Nonis an excuse not to make moves in the summer.

As per the Caps, they are definitely my second choice. They have the pieces to make a splash are they able to get into the playoffs. So much young talent, in Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Fleischmann, Klepis, Laich, Fehr, Green and Jurcina, that could, with a shot of adrenaline, explode into that next gear (a gear which I am very doubtful the Nucks have right now).

And how can anyone not appreciate the passion that Ovechkin shows toward the game. Every goal that guy celebrates as if it were his first in the league - you would think he would be bored by now with 63. ;-) It is downright contagious. Crossing my fingers that they are able to make it in and steal a spot from either Philly or Boston. A Pittsburg Washington series would be amazing to watch.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu