GDT: 03/20/08 Canucks vs Oilers, SNEt & 1040, 6pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Postby JCardinal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:12 pm

Nice relaxing game for a change.
I think there were a lot of "Louuuss" in the crown, not boos, you could see a substantial number of Canucks fans jumping up when the Canucks scored and you could also here a lot of cheering whenever the Canucks cleared the puck in the penalty kill.

Seeing Raymon play as well as he has and seeing Shannon come in and contribute like that I just feel better and better about the future and better about Nonis being so stingy with the rookies when it comes to trades.

I hope the guys responsible for scouting all these great rookies that have made it into the big club permanently and temporarily are still behind the wheel.

Only real negative of the game for me was Daniel's shyness about shooting the puck. Even after he "scored" you could tell it didn't really get the monkey off his back, he was deferring every chance he got and missed another gaping open net again tonight. I'm sure he'll come around.

As for the HD, it wasn't there for the first period but mysteriously turned on at the exact start of the second period and stayed there for the rest of the game. Weird.
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Kikbutt_10 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:04 am

Big win boys, atta be! I didn't make it in, I almost had a couple of tix from these two girls, but some big guy came and shoved a few more green bills into their faces. It was ridiculous, single tickets were looking towards 300 to 400 bucks!!! I wasn't aware that it was fan appreciation night which didn't help either, but we ended up in Don Cherry's restaurant with all our gear on, so all and all it wasn't too bad, but I really wanted to see the game, I've been a Nucks fan my whole life and still haven't seen them play live, but hey, someday... :D
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Postby sk8er » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:56 am

Kikbutt_10 wrote:Big win boys, atta be! I didn't make it in, I almost had a couple of tix from these two girls, but some big guy came and shoved a few more green bills into their faces. It was ridiculous, single tickets were looking towards 300 to 400 bucks!!! I wasn't aware that it was fan appreciation night which didn't help either, but we ended up in Don Cherry's restaurant with all our gear on, so all and all it wasn't too bad, but I really wanted to see the game, I've been a Nucks fan my whole life and still haven't seen them play live, but hey, someday... :D

Wow!!! Never seen them play live? Thats amazing!
You are a true blue fan........good on ya!
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby randymeeks » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:34 pm

I think there were a lot of "Louuuss" in the crown, not boos, you could see a substantial number of Canucks fans jumping up when the Canucks scored and you could also here a lot of cheering whenever the Canucks cleared the puck in the penalty kill.

I was at the game, I can confirm that. A quarter of the crowd out here cheers for the Canucks whenever the Canucks play the Oilers here in Edmonton. More people live in the Greater Vancouver Area than live in Edmonton and Calgary combined. The Canucks have a far bigger following than what people realize.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum