GDT: 03/17/08 Canucks vs Coyotes in YVR, 7pm, PPV - MUST WIN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

According to Larcheid Carcillo has more than one nose|!!!!

Bieksa will bie good at times and bad at ttmes...its a patience thing.

off the syde
naslund
henrik
pyatt

time for Daniel now
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

To me, we're a better attacking team with Morrison in the lineup. He's a bonafide top 6 forward who can get you 20 goals a season. I hope they keep him next year because 20+ goal men that can do the things he can are not easy to find anymore. He makes 3.5 mil, maybe he'll give us a hometown discount, we'll see.

I'd like to see the Canucks really give Rypien an opportunity to become an every day player. He's a better fighter than Cowan and he's younger and cheaper. I don't think we need Cowan back, it's Rypien time.
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

UpYerKilt wrote: I'd like to see the Canucks really give Rypien an opportunity to become an every day player. He's a better fighter than Cowan and he's
younger and cheaper. I don't think we need Cowan back, it's Rypien time.
Rypien is always injured and we need a heavyweight who can play. It won't be free but we need one.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Man, I wish Carcillo played for the Canucks, that guy is awesome.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

that was a great 4 shifts of hockey...screw the trap and penalties..
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

A status-quo period quickly turns quite entertaining. I'm 100% positive that we'll see some more rough stuff this period. Carcillo is on the bench ready to go with anybody and Cowan and Rypien are flying around and finishing their checks. THere's also some animosity between Burrows and Jovo brewing.

On the subject of Jovo, would anyone out there like to see him back in a Canucks jersey again, or are you happy he's out of Vancouver?
24 hours sports reporter
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

carcillo is a speedy tough guy but is a fool in the undisciplined category. You can't have that guy in big playoff games.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

carcillo is an idiot...does he know their in the fight of their life for the playoffs?
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

i like it like that!!! lmao
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

So much for Carcillo getting a Gordie Howe hat trick. ;-)
Daniel Wilson wrote:On the subject of Jovo, would anyone out there like to see him back in a Canucks jersey again, or are you happy he's out of Vancouver?
Loved the guy's heart while he was here but not a chance I would pay the 6.25 or whatever he is getting now - not with his numerous defensive gaffs.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Jovo would not do well in the V system - Gaffs are bang on. Loved him in the Crow system.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

dive...8.7

call the dive!

its like punishing the more disciplined team for getting more power play time The NFL will call 8 penalties in a row on a team. A penalties a penalty. Refs are way too involved in the final result of PP chances...they always look to keep it even or near even....it embarrasses the league..
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

For the amount of money we would have paid him to stay and the fact that he is now injury prone? Jovanovski can stay in Phoenix and stay with Gretzky.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

I completely agree with Carcillo's lack of discipline, but do you notice the lack of fire in the game after he was sent to the dressing room. The fourth line shifts lack entertainment now!

Great to see the Sedins combine for a goal. Haven't had that privilege in quite some time. And seriously, how often do we see Hank score two in one game? I'd say a hat trick would be stretching it and a figure of my imagination, but you never know. For the most part, two in a game was deemed impossible.
24 hours sports reporter
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I like Carcillo, but he needs to find the right balance between being aggressive and doing something stupid. On the other hand in this case it was a marginal call.