GDT: Canucks vs. Ducks, 10 pm EDT, 7 pm PDT on Canucks PPV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

i would really hope that people understand why its so frustrating after a game like this. those 3 wins we had recently did not show what this team is capable of they only meant points in the standings against non playoff teams and one bubble team. when you dont show up against a team like the Ducks who will probably be the team to beat (or san jose) to get to the Final its VERY discouraging. Im not wanting ONE round of hockey again this playoffs. if we lose I want them to lose playing as hard and as best as they can. I know they dont have the talent up front and their Defense is Mash unit 3/4 of the year so we have to rely on Lou. But this teams leaders and best players MUST do their part in such an important game.

that game pissed me off the most this season.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

mattola wrote:i would really hope that people understand why its so frustrating after a game like this. those 3 wins we had recently did not show what this team is capable of they only meant points in the standings against non playoff teams and one bubble team. when you dont show up against a team like the Ducks who will probably be the team to beat (or san jose) to get to the Final its VERY discouraging. Im not wanting ONE round of hockey again this playoffs. if we lose I want them to lose playing as hard and as best as they can. I know they dont have the talent up front and their Defense is Mash unit 3/4 of the year so we have to rely on Lou. But this teams leaders and best players MUST do their part in such an important game.

that game pissed me off the most this season.
I don't know, but it seemed to me that the first goal was a mistake by Louie, and the second one was a short handed goal. I can't remember exactly what happened on that one, but I seem to remember Raymond who was playing the point on the powerplay could have broke it up at the end.

The ducks came out very strong and in the best case scenario this team doesn't really have the talent to overcome that. The only hope is Lou stands on his head and we weather the storm.

The only chance we have against those teams is to win it 2-1 in rope-a-dope fashion. When you play rope-a-dope and you lose it likely doesn't look too pretty. When the ducks are playing like that I don't think it makes sense to try to match their intensity. That is a losing strategy.