GDT: Canucks vs. Ducks, 10 pm EDT, 7 pm PDT on Canucks PPV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

not blaming them for where we are at in this game. I am blaming them for lack of leadership for NOT showing up at all after.

what is with NONIS thinking we started this game off ok and just need to be a little harder on the puck.

give me a break and cut the phacking propaganda..

PU-lease
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

we are `13 games from the playoffs. if we dont start to show we can play against the top teams then are we really kidding ourselves for what we can do in the playoffs.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

mattola wrote:not blaming them for where we are at in this game. I am blaming them for lack of leadership for NOT showing up at all after.
I know it;s been said ad nauseum around here, but I think with the large amount of games where the team did not show heart, it may be time for new leaders on this team. I wouldn't complain if it were to happen.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

mattola wrote:we are `13 games from the playoffs. if we dont start to show we can play against the top teams then are we really kidding ourselves for what we can do in the playoffs.
At best, a 5 game first round loss.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Kes is still too young I think but I would take him as Captain in a heartbeat for his play alone. amazing...
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Nice penalty Ritchie. Glad to see you showing some emotion when it counts. :-( Didn't get to listen to much of the game, but sounds like a real flopper. Guess I didn't miss much.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Back to reality... Phoenix tomorrow...

But we're only 2 points of out the division lead...right? :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

I bought the game tonite to see Bertuzzi and watch a team that plays hockey the way its supposed to be played.

For those of you bitching about Naslund not showing leadership tonight why don't you take a minute to pull your heads out of your asses. Whats he supposed to do ? Through a huge hit on Getzlaf? Run Pronger? Drop the gloves with Moen? God your stupid! This type of game called for the pussy Mitchell to deliver a big hit or scrap one of the many Ducks that were taking runs at his teamates.

But yeah to the clowns in this city and there stunned media its Naslunds fault.; F@#king morons.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Joe Rockhead wrote:I bought the game tonite to see Bertuzzi and watch a team that plays hockey the way its supposed to be played.

For those of you bitching about Naslund not showing leadership tonight why don't you take a minute to pull your heads out of your asses. Whats he supposed to do ? Through a huge hit on Getzlaf? Run Pronger? Drop the gloves with Moen? God your stupid! This type of game called for the pussy Mitchell to deliver a big hit or scrap one of the many Ducks that were taking runs at his teamates.

But yeah to the clowns in this city and there stunned media its Naslunds fault.; F@#king morons.
Check my previous message. I pluralized leaderS. By no means is it all Naslund's fault, but you have to admit, this season he has not been great in any regards.

Matty, the next GDT is all your as I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a week-end in Montreal. Let's hope the boys can turn it around starting tomorrow.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

<i>Whats he supposed to do ? Through a huge hit on Getzlaf? Run Pronger? Drop the gloves with Moen?</i>

Nawwww but it would be nice if he played hockey.. you know ? take passes , not cough up the puck.. maybe shoot and just maybe score the odd goal? Get off the D bit... its the forwards not coming back and backchecking ( Sedins worst offenders ) ... Lousy game for all the big names.. including Luongo .. Kudos to Sanford - good in relief.. and BMo.. decent game .
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

i guess we should just be happy that naslund shows up and scores no goals against a team like the Kings but is 100% invisible against the team we would probably face in the playoffs.

yup were all stupid

and for the record I was on ALL our top players for the way they were playing.

they get paid to perform and not the sedins, salo, naslund or luongo did anything to help our cause tonight at least mitchell was even
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

I expect Luongo to come back with a shutout tomorrow night.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

mattola wrote:i guess we should just be happy that naslund shows up and scores no goals against a team like the Kings but is 100% invisible against the team we would probably face in the playoffs.

yup were all stupid

and for the record I was on ALL our top players for the way they were playing.

they get paid to perform and not the sedins, salo, naslund or luongo did anything to help our cause tonight at least mitchell was even
They can't win them all, and the much maligned Sedins are leaders in +/- on the 'nucks along with Salo. And you know as well as I do that Naslund needs players around him to make functional.

I will give you a pass on the Luongo comment, because I know you know this team is going absolutely nowhere without him, and he is our meal ticket. Bend down and kiss his feet, because without him on our side we're dead. If the Canucks win the cup who is the MVP ? Luongo. At this point there is no other possibility, which means Luongo-feet-kissing should be a Vancouver pass time.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

This is a critique of 1 game.... not Lou's season and in this game he svcked... as did the Sedins and Naslund and a lot of the team.... sure if we make it to the playoffs and win the odd game its because we got Lou.... agreed... but this game Sanford and the Ducks backup both outplayed him.. feetkissing has to wait till next time he wins one for us :)....
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

thanks for the um "pass" on my comment on Luongo. Im not sure you follow our board as closely as others but one thing most everyone does here is calls them as they are seen and last night Luongo was not very good for what we needed to be.

12 games left and Nashville has a far easier load in schedule than we do.

if we cant compete against the top teams at this time of year then can we beat the top teams in April,,,,