GDT: Canucks @ Avs - 6:30 - Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Avs - 6:30 - Sportsnet

Post by Cornuck »

Well, I could post a bunch of info about the game, and links to previews on other sites, but we all it really comes down to one thing tonight...

Does the team have enough guts/balls to overcome the recent embarrassing losses.

Last edited by Cornuck on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

this is the statement games of statement games. I know that every game is important and a must win but this game win or lose truly will show us what this team is made of I believe.

if we come out flat and uninspired I believe it may be the undoing of this team to win a stanley cup this season even if we make the playoffs. I cant imagine why this team would go on to make a run after the last 3 showings if they dont come out as playing the hardest they have ever played.

its a good chance Floppa (I can hate him with passion again) will be playing but no smyth or svatos.

GO CANUCKS GO
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

time the Swedes woke up and played hockey.. ( or can they be deported as Undesirable Aliens? ) Nawwwwww 2 goals from the Sedin line 1 from Kid line and 1 from Kesler line.. 4 - 2 in regulation Foppa and Hlinka for the Av's :) just coz I hate Forestburg and wish we had him and Hlinka is a favorite since his dad played for the 82 Nucks :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Does anyone feel optimistic about this game at all?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

about as optimistic as I did the Hawks game. I still believe they can come out hard and win this game. but it could EASILY become just like the Hawks game.

GO CANUCKS GO
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

I expect them (Canucks) to show they are dedicated professionals and win this game 4-1. No BS excuses. Colorado has bitch-slapped this team time and time again since they relocated from Quebec in 1995. It ends now. It's not just the Swedes who need to pick it up, it's EVERYONE.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

So far I like the way Mitchell is playing with an edge. Its about time.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I'm not seeing too much from this game to get me excited... so far.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Liking the Sedins/Pyatt line and damn if Ryan Shannon isn't a bit of a saviour. We have this guy signed past this season or is he RFA end of season?
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Only listening, but it looks like we are getting out-played by Colorado. Thank GOD Shannon was able to convert on a PP. Lou is keeping them in, but come ON GUYS!!! Wake Up!!!
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Oh man I hate Liles. He seems to be capable of only scoring against us.

C'mon boys, don't get discouraged. A few good shifts and we're back in this.
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

so for those watching,,, any evidence of effort relative to what it should be after chicago?
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

this is the statement games of statement games.

THE STATEMENT HAS BEEN MADE

and it is

we aint fucking good enough nor do we have a system good enough to play the NHL game when it counts.

done fucking deal.

what a garbage effort. yeah it looked like they had more effort than sunday but it looked more like effort they had in October and not in March when the playoffs are on the line

we are now in 9th fucking place.

FORE
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

These guys didn't deserve a point. NOT ONE POINT!!! God am I so disgusted with the play of these guys. Where is our first line? People are quick to slam any suggestion of trading the twins, but when the going gets tough, where do they hide? Where's our tin-man captain? If these guys keep playing this way, if Nonis were to get a good offer over the summer, why not? We only have Luongo for so long, and if the people in front of him keep playing listless and heartless it will be an early April.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I cannot believe how terribly this team is playing. They've gone from being halfway decent a week ago, to flatout terrible today. They can't score, they're not hitting, they're not out chancing, out shooting or out-anything their opposition. The Sedins have decided it's the playoffs 20 games too early, and Naslund has slumped even further. Luongo is looking average AGAIN.

I am so mad at this team right now. I am actually less optimistic about this team than I was about the 05/06 version. Even if we do magically make the playoffs, we're not going anywhere. My faith in this team that has been pretty resilient all year ran out tonight. The moment we went down 2-1 I knew there was no way we were tying the game.

What a miserable game. We need a 10 game winning streak and fast.