GDT: Feb 9th 2008: Nucks and Avs 7PM CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Postby sic puppy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Lancer wrote:If anyone is trade bait, it's Salo. It made me sick to see him out there in the 1st period. The 1st goal was all his fault, as he totally whiffed his assignment. I'm tired of this guy getting winged and limping off to the bench. He has a rocket shot, but so does Edler. Yeah, Salo's shots get through more often than not, but so do Bieksa's. This guys is no better than Edler on the defensive end. Why isn't Nonis dangling this tin-man like a pinatta?

Very quietly Salo has scored 5 points in the Nux last 4 games (after just 7 in his first 33) and is now the second most point getter on D (to Ohlund's 18).

Once everyone is back and playing (not necessarily healthy), the logical move would be a D man, as some of the call ups have filled in admirably.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby levelheaded » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:47 pm

sic puppy wrote:Once everyone is back and playing (not necessarily healthy), the logical move would be a D man, as some of the call ups have filled in admirably.

Krajicek would be my choice. He's young and skilled enough for teams to be interested in him, and with the emergence of Edler he'll probably end up being a healthy scratch anyways.

If we can move him and perhaps Schneider for a good young forward I'd be more than happy. I really feel like we're ready to make a real surge as a team right now. We don't play until Thursday which is frustrating, but I don't think you can make enough noise about how important last night's win was. Naslund's GTG was the sort of thing that turns seasons around. It's been a long time since I've seen him that happy to score.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum