GDT - 2/5/08 Canucks @ Stars 530 TV SN Radio TEAM 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

It wasn't pretty but that's the kind of game they need to play to have a chance to win. Keep it simple, bang the puck out the boards, clog the neutral zone and hope to win 2-1 every time.

Good on Marcus for the goals and the success on the SO! Good on Luongo for a solid effort in net and giving them 3 chances to win in the SO. About the only negative I can see is that Fitzgerald didn't show us his ability with the fists.

Off to Atlanta for another chance to turn it around and get 2 points! Go Canucks!
R.I.P. Luc.
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

Great game by Naslund last night.
Good to see him playing like a leader.

His shootout goal was a thing of beauty.

Lets hope he can stay in that space.

We obviously can't take points from this S.E. swing like Calgary did but, if we can beat Atlanta, we can use it as a 'process' to turn things around.

Here's hoping. :roll:
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Larry Goodenough wrote: 3. Naslund won the Lester Patrick while playing for this team.
Näslund made outstanding contributions to hockey in the United States? :lol:

Just funnin' ya -- it's the Pearson you're thinking of. ;)
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Looking back at that game, I suddenly feel a lot better about us turning this around. For the first time in almost a month I felt Luongo wouldn't be beaten in the 3rd period, that he'd hold us in it and it was up to everyone else to win it for us. I think he's turned his game around. He wasn't incredible early on, I'm not so sure about that second goal, but after that a light just seemed to come on in his head. He didn't have to make any sensational saves, but he stopped every puck after that, even though the Stars looked sure to score more than a few times.

The biggest piece of the puzzle is back in place, at least for the time being. I am confident we'll start winning again soon.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Learning to play through adversity. Seemed like a better game than the last 2 (or 3).

Great effort by Salo and Edler with 28 minutes each leading an inexperienced Moose D. No D was minus on the night.
levelheaded wrote:Three chances to win it in the shootout and we blow it..
Game of inches. They get 2 off the post and in and we get one & Linden's is flush on.

A similar effort in Atlanta should result in a better result, altho' the Thrashers are playing well.
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

naslund had a laser in the shootout... wow. and he played a stellar game. and why are we not willing to keep him around again?
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

naslund had a laser in the shootout... wow. and he played a stellar game. and why are we not willing to keep him around again?
Because Naslund has been inconsistent over the past two and a half seasons. But he sure had a great game last night. Hopefully he can keep it up.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.