GDT - 1/31/2008 Canucks @ Lightning 4:30 PM TV:SN Radio 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Postby Soapy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 pm

I'm pissed!!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Postby Naslund Is King » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:16 pm

The Sedins are so overrated... they do nothing again all day yet Daniel gets a useless second assist with 20 seconds left to make his point totals respectable..

I don't give them a penny over 4 million when they reach UFA status.

Our seven million dollar man decides not to show up again.. he has been putting up Cloutier numbers lately.

Trade Naslund, I love him I really do..but this team just sucks get a first rounder for him (they got one for Nagy) and let him play for the Cup.. he deserves that... then have him finish his career here next year.
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Soapy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:19 pm

ya ya ya..the Sedins suck...geez,,,,
when a team is losing, the best guys suck.....

The whole team is in trouble...hell Louie is letting a bad goal a game....we don't have a number one center...we are injured....its painful to watch......
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Postby Naslund Is King » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Soapy wrote:ya ya ya..the Sedins suck...geez,,,,

The whole team is in trouble...hell Louie is letting a bad goal a game....we don't have a number one center...we are injured....its painful to watch......

He's letting in more then a bad goal a game.
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Cookie La Rue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:43 pm

I need no one to tell me i'm pissed....so here i go.

Got 3 hours of sleep, got up 1:30 am to watch this game on tv (pretty rare situation), now it's 4:27 am and i have to leave for work at 6:30 am.

Anyways it started like i hoped, Bourdon with the hell of a blast glued in the net slapper.

But as more it went on the more i feared about our edition, especially like Robert said (gameday thread before) with all the injuries...

Then they had no luck and got tough breaks....2:2 Sedin (one of them) post goalie skate out) and Vinnie scoring 3:2 plus Ohlund (post goalieskate post out) and Richards 4:2...

The biggest bullshit is to blame Luongo on anything, on all goals he was left by a stumbling crowd of chickens, same on the Twins or Naslund. It's too black and white again, You can't asking just 4 players who are getting most of the money to "be" the team, that's ill, like all business. They're more than 20 who are responsible for this...

What's really obvious right now, maybe they played last season over their capabilities and now they're showing their average or what most of us expected 1 and a half years ago....hey at least they got no blowout ....it was a loss again by a margin.

But i fear this year will be the year with no playoffs again......i can't blame one guy on the team, they're really trying but sometimes it can't go better,,,
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby Cookie La Rue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:51 pm

Naslund Is King wrote:He's letting in more then a bad goal a game.

Yeah and you're writing more than one bullshit thing a post.... :lol:

And btw i don't think that a coaching change or any player trade will do better, especially within this season.....

I guess they have to rebuild in a huge kind of way for next season....i pray they're doing nothing stupid in an attempt to save this season....and to add i love Naslund but honestly i'll be pretty dissapointed if he won't stay here by a max. of 2,5 to 3 salary, if i were a GM i would pay him not more than 2 right now...but would still love to have him on my team for this amount...
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby Lancer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:57 pm

I haven't seen any of this game, but it seems like the bounces are just hitting us in the ass. D is depleted with only Ohlund and Miller remaining of the top 6 at the start of the season. We're a one-line team. Pyatt tries hard and has done yeoman work, but Kesler is a 3rd-liner right now, and maybe never will be more, so who else is there?

Trade Naslund? Only if we're sitting well out of the playoffs at the deadline, and even then he holds the hammer. We're not out of it yet, so let's not hit the panic button so soon.

This is a fragile team, but not hopeless. Did they really play that bad?

How did Edler and Bourdon play, outside of their goals? Am I the only one who sees a silver lining tonight in the fact they both scored?

Let's see how they do against the Panthers...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Bartman » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:06 pm

That was painful to watch. The injuries are really catching up to them now. They don't have the tools to play a shutdown game with all the D out of the lineup. They don't have the talent to open it up at all. Might be a while before they get the bodies back to turn it around.

If you've got to find a positive they showed decent team toughness and Pyatt was dangerous all night.

So what do they do while they heal? Play Luongo every game and trap trap trap baby. It may not be pretty but it might give them a chance to stay in the hunt until the cavalry arrives.
R.I.P. Luc.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Postby mattola » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:09 pm

we are now officially in 9th place./.....

something we may be looking up at much of the rest of the year.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Cookie La Rue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:20 pm

mattola wrote:we are now officially in 9th place./.....

something we may be looking up at much of the rest of the year.

But just by more goals scored by Nashville...same differential.

Imagine this after 82 games.....kill kill kill.

The one thing we just can do is staying positive like Bartman said, oh and Edler and Bourdon played not bad but not perfect either. They had some few ugly moments....but most of the time more than solid...that's maybe one of the problems now, nobody is free of mistakes but generally overall not really bad but these costly things are bitin' their asses....damn.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby mattola » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:23 pm

bourdon was great
edler was very good
im very drunk now

go canucks go
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Cookie La Rue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:26 pm

mattola wrote:bourdon was great
edler was very good
im very drunk now

go canucks go

:drunk: Cheers matty, what a way to step down and to conclude this night. :lol:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby Soapy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:29 pm

Naslund Is King wrote:
Soapy wrote:ya ya ya..the Sedins suck...geez,,,,

He's letting in more then a bad goal a game.

Flag on the play...looks like a piling on call
Thanks for your one line drive by....jump on the top of he pile
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Postby Soapy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:32 pm

mattola wrote:bourdon was great
edler was very good
im very drunk now

go canucks go

That's the attitude.....

Boudon looked good....
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Postby Soapy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Naslund Is King wrote:He's letting in more then a bad goal a game.

Yeah and you're writing more than one bullshit thing a post.... :lol:

And btw i don't think that a coaching change or any player trade will do better, especially within this season.....

I guess they have to rebuild in a huge kind of way for next season....i pray they're doing nothing stupid in an attempt to save this season....and to add i love Naslund but honestly i'll be pretty dissapointed if he won't stay here by a max. of 2,5 to 3 salary, if i were a GM i would pay him not more than 2 right now...but would still love to have him on my team for this amount...

Good call & good call....if Detroit signs Forsberg or Sundin......this season is a write off for all the teams in the west...besides ANA...maybe...
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum