GDT - 01/08/2008 Canucks vs Islanders 7PM SN TEAM 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:Jyrki, if you had one, in theory you could hook it up to your parent's TV in BC, then watch anything that they are able to from anywthere you are... The one "problem", is that while you are watching from Armpit-du-monde, ON, no one can watch anything that you aren't on that TV in BC; you basically take over the remote (from wherever you are).
How literal is that? i.e. Can I change the channel and what not and it likewise changes for them)? And does it only hamper the one TV set, or the house's entire cable hookup?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Jyrki21 wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:Jyrki, if you had one, in theory you could hook it up to your parent's TV in BC, then watch anything that they are able to from anywthere you are... The one "problem", is that while you are watching from Armpit-du-monde, ON, no one can watch anything that you aren't on that TV in BC; you basically take over the remote (from wherever you are).
How literal is that? i.e. Can I change the channel and what not and it likewise changes for them)? And does it only hamper the one TV set, or the house's entire cable hookup?
I'm not sure TCL is right on this one. First of all, mine isn't even hooked up to a TV (just a spare cable jack near a modem), and secondly nowhere in the instructions does it say that it affects the televisions where the slingbox is. If fact I'm pretty sure it explicity says it does not (I can't confirm this as the instructions are back in BC). Changing the channel on the slingbox shouldn't, and doesn't appear to alter anything on the original TV it is hooked up to.

I can say with 99% certainty that it doesn't affect any of the TVs where it is set up in the slightest.