GDT: 11/06/07 Nucks and Preds 5:00 SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

GDT: 11/06/07 Nucks and Preds 5:00 SNET-P

Post by antro »

An hour and a half to game time, and still no GDT...here goes:

Coming off a relieving victory in Chi-town, the Canucks are in Nashville, to face a Preds team that looks like it might be about to overcome the off-season exodus. They are still bottom-dwelling in the Central Division, but are only 2 points behind Chi-town, with 2 games in hand (and this is one of them). That's also the final play-off spot, if you are watching these things so early in December.

The Canucks are going to be a tired bunch, have squeaked out a win last night, and the question is whether Sanford will start in place of Lui. AP reports that Sanford let in 9 goals in his last two starts against Nashville, while playing for St. Louis.

The Canucks seem to be in their comfort zone of winning tight games, no matter what, and so I'll pick them to win 2-1, D. Sedin and Salo (PP), with Bonk replying.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Haha you beat me by mere seconds. I'll delete mine.

Edit: My prediction from the other thread.

I say 4-2 Canucks, Salo, Cooke, Pyatt and Daniel will be our goalscorers. Nichol and Arnott will reply for the Preds.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

oops sorry...just didn't feel right seeing no GDT yet...

wish i could watch the game, but even the streamers aren't working today...guess I'll rely on you all, and the canucks blogger, to fill me in...
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Hmm...wish I could be as optimistic as you guys. I see this as a tough game. The Preds have played us well, we have a habit of making backup's look like all-stars and we'll be tired after playing last night.

I still think it will be close but 3-1 Preds with an empty net goal.

Van goal by Isbister and one disallowed by Naslund.
R.I.P. Luc.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

I am going to have to agree. Don't know if there is enough gas left in the tank to get the job done tonight. 3-2 Preds and I'll leave the predictions on scorers to the rest of you.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Sanford v. Ellis - both unbeaten with their current teams.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Nice to see Linden going to the net and giving Burrows a nice screen... This team is a much better team with #5 in the line up... he makes me miss Jovo a little less.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Krajicek has been excellent this year. At the beginning of the year I thought he was our best defenceman,

2-2 after two, but I'm not sure we've done anything to deserve it. Nice to see we were able to slow up the preds with only 3 shots in the second after 16 in the first.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

3 shots.... thats a good solid road period...The Preds being at home will press for a goal and we should get some odd man rushes. Bury a few and its game set and match.

Linden has responded well to his sitting out issues. Looks faster than any time I've seen him this season. Coach knows how to motivate. See - Mitchell
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

UpYerKilt wrote: Linden has responded well to his sitting out issues. Looks faster than any time I've seen him this season.
Yup. that's our leader.

Solid win. I'm very pleased winning back to backs. Bring on the kid.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

I see into the future!

Just as I said...Preds pressed...odd man rushes ocurred...Canucks burried the winner. I somehow feel like I won this game too. lol

Linden with the bank shot...I think he called it.

Sedins are so strong on the puck

3 losses in last 16 games...what other team has a better record over that span?

Here's the kicker...I dont think the Canucks are at full speed...there's another gear under that starting to grow on me uniform.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

UpYerKilt wrote:Here's the kicker...I dont think the Canucks are at full speed...there's another gear under that starting to grow on me uniform.
Now now, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I don't think we're playing as well as we were mid-November, and we were very lucky to escape the first period only down 2-1. Our second and third periods were excellent, but that was FAR from a sixty minute effort. It's funny just how much a win can cloud one's judgment.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

Sounds like it turned out to be a strong road game. In a way, it seems like the Canucks are the perfect road team, not too flashy, good team defense, get a PP goal, good PK, goalie bails them out when they aren't working well in their system. That's why they didn't know what to do with all the 5 on 3's they had against Anaheim at home a couple of weeks ago.
levelheaded wrote:2-2 after two, but I'm not sure we've done anything to deserve it.
That's what I meant at the outset about their "comfort zone" of winning tight games. Nothing too emotional, or bad ass, just solid. How many games did they win last year like that?
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

UpYerKilt wrote:Here's the kicker...I dont think the Canucks are at full speed...there's another gear under that starting to grow on me uniform.
There's a gear higher than last night's game, but I do think we saw it against Anaheim. The Canucks looked awesome after the first period (the Ducks helped), and that was probably near or at full confidence/potential.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

UpYerKilt wrote:I see into the future!

Just as I said...Preds pressed...odd man rushes ocurred...Canucks burried the winner. I somehow feel like I won this game too. lol

haha.. as I was just reading your post I was thinking that too. However, as the game wore on the Canucks got better and played with more desperation. It sure didn't look good the first half or two periods.

It's almost hard to believe we won the last two games... sweet though...