GDT - 11/20/2007 Canucks @ Oilers 6 PM Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Woohoo! Beautiful power play goal by Naslund! Canucks have been the ones carrying play in the 3rd.
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

... and the phantom penalties against the Canucks continue. Since when do you call a delay of game for putting the puck onto your own bench!??? I'm just stunned.
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Overtime.

Sedins will win it in Overtime.
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

How can you NOT call a penalty when Kesler gets tackled when he's going to the net with the puck? This is the worst case of home reffing I've seen in a long time. Mind you, the Canucks haven't played all that well either...
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Isbister? Really AV? :?

5-4 SO loss, to be fair, we didn't really deserve a point but I'll take it. We'll need a better effort against the Wild if we want to keep this streak alive.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

I think the Oilers have been scouting the shootout better than the Canucks. Twice Morrison wante to shoot and twice he was forced to deke at the last second. They have their goalie coming way out to screw with the Canucks. Meanwhile Luongo gets deked right into the net.

Other than that the Canucks are playing outstanding given their roster.

Great to see #5 joining the rush... he's got some serious wheels. Mde a great defensive play in the second thanks to his skating ability.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

A point isn't a bad result given our depleted defence, some rotten penalty killing tonight and perhaps the worst reffed game I've seen in years.

I'm sure Nonis sends a tape of this one to the League.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Really ? Imo the refs weren't the best but also not the worst.

Most of the game the Oil had more jump and thank Luongo they got at least a point.

Good thing is that they never gave up even after being down 3:1 and had some luck too in scoring the 2:3 early second by Edler's "must save" shot.

Maybe they left something in the tank for tomorrows spicy affair or had their minds already there...

Naslund's goal was the return of the sniper shot. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

I see the Canucks getting blown out tomorrow.. they will be hella tired.

Either way, I'm not ordering the PPV.