GDT: 10/19/07: 'Nucks and Kings. 7:00pm PST SNET/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: 10/19/07: 'Nucks and Kings. 7:00pm PST SNET/1040

Post by levelheaded »

The Canucks have a tough schedule coming up with 3 games in 4 nights. We need to play like we did in the first two periods against San Jose and not get discouraged if the goals don't come right away. LA might look like a cakewalk, but their offence is potent as they've potted 3 goals against Minnesota and Calgary in their last two games. On top of that LA have yet to win on the road this season and have lost 8 in a row away from the Staples centre dating back to last year. This'll be a tough test.

Louie is starting, so I assume he'll get the Columbus game on Sunday off.

All said and done I think the boys can pull this one off. 4-2 Nucks, Raymond with his first, Daniel, Kesler and Morrison with the others.

GO CANUCKS GO
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Honestly, after the San Jose game, I just can't get excited for this game. I really hope they blow out the Kings and gain some confidence before this tough 4 game game stretch next week.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

I'm always excited about a Canuck's game! Look for a re-focus on D first tonight. This may mean less goals but a much better effort in our own zone. I say 2-1 Canucks with goals from Daniel and BMo.

I just hope they don't take the Kings lightly as they've got some great weapons that can burn if not handled right.
R.I.P. Luc.
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

Trevor Linden finds himself in the press box again and one has to wonder if his lack of production stems from the groin injury during training camp or just a simple lack of icetime. Maybe we've seen the last of Linden's impact on the ice, but I for one hope we haven't.

Should be interesting to see if he can come back for another great run.
24 hours sports reporter
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Cooke from Kesler and Burrows.

Is it just me or has Burr gone insane? He's been close to our best player almost every night. The possibility of losing a roster spot has totally lit a fire under his ass. It's great to see.

(Also for those listening on 1040 what was up with Larscheid randomly switching into Spanish. That was the strangest thing I have ever heard. :? )
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

Taylor Pyatt steps up big time, coming to the defense of Henrik Sedin, not just against anyone, but against the Kings' heavyweight Raitis Ivanans... not only that, but Pyatt gave Ivanans, who comes in at 6'3" and 263 lbs, a run for his money, landing a number of good shots.

Perhaps Pyatt has found some of the aggressiveness said to be lacking from his game and maybe the Canucks have found some muscle to stick up for the Sedins... and maybe not. What's your opinion?
24 hours sports reporter
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

I was really impressed with the way Pyatt went after Evanans after that late hit on Henrik. I didn't know he had that in him --- and I was even more impressed that he had the upper hand in that fight. Good for him!

And good for the Cooke-Burrows-Kesler line too. Nice goal, and nice shifts throughout the first period.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Good for Pyatt, even though I missed it. Being down 2-1 to the Kings depresses me. I need a big game from the Canucks to get me from being a pessimist.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Yikes.
This is awful. Bieksa continues to be brutal. Once again we take a lead, then give up after we fail to capitalize on a few good opportunities.This is INCREDIBLY frustrating. Weren't they supposed to have spent all week getting their heads out of their asses?
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

What a disaster! Can you say "deja vu"?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

What
A
Fucking
Disgrace

How is this happening? What in holy hell is wrong with this team?
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

How often are you going to see a 3-0 in the NHL? Unfortunately, the Canucks failed to capitalize on that amazing opportunity and that currently stands as the turning point in this contest. From that point, the Kings have scored three unanswered goals and the momentum has definitely shifted in their favour.

What will it take for the Canucks to quel this onslaught?
24 hours sports reporter
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Concerning trend. Get your heads in the game.
R.I.P. Luc.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Bieksa should just shut it down and get the surgery he needs.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote:Bieksa should just shut it down and get the surgery he needs.
Wasn't he one of the ones that did in the offseason? Whatever the problem is, he needs to wake up and shape up. He's been the biggest disappointment for the Canucks this year, and arguably the entire NHL. He's got to start playing up to that contract of his.