GDT: 10/15/07 Nucks/Sharks 7PM PST SNET/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Wow, how quickly the game changes - thanks Cooke for the Penalty - looks like you are going to get some more time in the press box - which is awesome for 1.5 mil. Arg...
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

It's funny how quickly a game can go from a playoff like squeaker into a blowout. Cheechoo makes it 4-1. What a joke.
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

Three goals in a span of 3:20 and the Canucks are out of this one. It will take a near miracle for the boys to come back and one has to hope it doesn't get any worse. Granted, there is a lot of time elft on the board, but San Jose has dominated the game since that amazing save by Nabokov, which was shortly followed by the two-man advantage for San Jose ands their first goal.

The Canucks usually strong penalty killing has taken a huge hit in this one with two powerplay goals already.
24 hours sports reporter
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

This reminds me of the good old times when crawford was coaching and the team had a penchant for giving up. I thought that was behind us with the "hard-working" "defensively-sound" team that Nonis has built. :|
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

they started the game strong but seem to be peelin off their game plan. the PP needed to capitalize on their chances in the first, when we were keeping the shark's best players off the ice.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

The Buzz: The Canucks drop to .500 on the season with another loss to the San Jose Sharks. Everything seemed well in hand until the third period when the Sharks exploded for three goals in a span of 3:20 to put the game out of reach for Vancouver.

Lamplighter: On a positive note, the Canucks top power play unit combined for a beautiful tic-tac-toe goal, as Ryan Kesler fed the puck to Daniel Sedin who got it to brother Henrik for quick wrist shot into the back of the net.

Goat for the Game: Mattius Ohlund took two costly penalties for Vancouver, first in the second period, giving the Sharks a two-man advantage, which they promptly capitalized on and second near the end of the game, negating the chance of the team pulling Roberto Luongo for an extra attacker.

Saviour: Evgeni Nabokov’s amazing save when Daniel Sedin had the entire net at his disposal led to the Sharks turning the game around, thanks in part to the two-man advantage the Canucks handed over on a silver platter to the fish.

Turning Point: The Nabokov save combined with the two-man advantage given up by Vancouver shortly thereafter swung the momentum in favour of San Jose.

Donnybrook: Rick Rypien’s second period tilt with Douglas Murray was a spirited affair that saw Rypien amazingly land a few good punches with his jersey hanging over his head. A fight the linesmen were too hasty to separate.

Bad Blood: A well-publicized dislike, dating back to junior hockey, between Matt Cooke and Sharks star Joe Thornton never materialized on the ice, save for a comedic scene which saw Cooke sitting on the puck, as Thornton spun him around trying to knock it loose.

Stats Stupid: The Canucks face-off winning percentage ranks them dead last in the league. A stat that will definitely have to be remedied if the ‘Nucks are to succeed this season.
24 hours sports reporter
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

The Sedins get a lot of garbage time points...

Kesler oh god Kesler, HANDS OF STONE can he ever finish? I Counted at least 3 great chances he had.

Naslund looked great again..... should be leading the team in points but the Sedins get all the PP time.
krutov
AHL Prospect

Post by krutov »

Daniel Wilson wrote:Goat for the Game: Mattius Ohlund took two costly penalties for Vancouver, first in the second period, giving the Sharks a two-man advantage, which they promptly capitalized on and second near the end of the game, negating the chance of the team pulling Roberto Luongo for an extra attacker.

I just got back to my hotel after seeing the game live and here are a few of my thoughts.

Ohlund I agree looked horrible tonight but..... If Naslund does not leave the bench early when Luogo is leaving the net he does not end up taking the obstruction penalty late in the game.

"Goat" horns for that need to goto El capitain but the media and typical fan will not notice or mention that.

Cooke was only noticeable when he was chasing the puck. He missed at least three easy breakout passes on his tape which ended up being turnovers and cost us full line changes.

Edler made alot of mistakes holding onto the puck to long.

I was sitting beside two very hot women

Linden looked very slow

Hold on ..............."knock on hotel room door".................

gotta go screw the Nucks Hot women from gme just showed up.

Later,
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

If goat horns go to anyone it's Luongo or the Sedins...

The Sedins were not good, yeah they got a goal.. garbage time useless.

Luongo wasn't really tested much.. had a bad third period.

the Naslund-Morrison-Kesler line was our best line tonight.. Naslund made a couple good plays to Kess, he just couldn't finish.

After Ohlund who yes did look bad.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

ITs tough with Kesler on the wing, he is fast and adds the much needed phisicality to the line but really he needs to finish better. He is a pretty decent passer but he just doesn't look comfortable with the puck in a poise needed position. if he can just stick with it hopefully he can get some goals or helpers. I'm really likeing how nassy is playing. He seems to make the smart move alot more often then most players. Making sure it gets deep when there is no chance of skating in.

It was a tough night tonight for the boys, they just couldn't get the chances to go in. That Huge stop by Nabby really turned things around. Although its another good test for the team. They saw that they could have control of a game against a team like this. I think it was part confidene, part Sharks getting better through the game. and part canucks d being out of place a number of occasions... Even when they were taking to them in the first period and a half they didn't look good defensively. It seemed that they would control the game for a couple shifts then the sharks would go down and almost score. As easy as it could have been a canucks blowout after the first two periods.. it could have been the other way much ealier.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

Basically, the whole purpose of Naslund Is King's presence is to tell people how great Naslund is and how bad his teammates are. The underlying message, however, is that Naslund's mentor is the best ever, and it was Linden's fault that the team was a Mess after the said player arrived in Vancouver. It's getting really old, but I guess some people feel that the forum need someone to stir the pot to create controversy. But I disagree, especially given the shallow nature of that them. (Every win is because of Naslund and every loss is because of Luongo)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

^ Ditto ^

This game was just another example of how the team is not ready for primetime at this point in the season. Thankfully we have the Kings up next to help pad our stats.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."