GDT: 10/13/07 Nucks Vs. Oilers Round 2 7:00PM PST CBC/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: 10/13/07 Nucks Vs. Oilers Round 2 7:00PM PST CBC/1040

Post by levelheaded »

It's going to require another strong effort to beat the Oilers this time. They'll be hungry after losing their last 3 games and 6 consecutive against us.

I've heard that Luongo is playing, but I don't know if that was true.

I say 3-2 Canucks in the shootout. Daniel with one, Miller with the other

GO CANUCKS GO
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Edmonton fans are smarting with their loss yesterday and their loss today in CFL action to the BC Lions. Let's complete the hat-trick tonight.

I'd be surprised if we don't start Luongo in this important divisional game. I say 3-1 Canucks, with goals from Henrik, Daniel, and Morrison.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Think tonights game will be a lot tougher to win. Edmontons goaltending lost the last one.. Hopefully we'll get a better performance from our D than the last 2 games.. I expect to see Bieksa step up his game. 4-2 Canucks.. goals from Daniel, Bieksa ( pp ) Pyatt and one from the crunch line .. Cowans about due .
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Good to see Cowan get off to a spirited start.

EDIT: I hope he's okay after going to the dressing room.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Watching Sedin knock that clearing pass out of the air tells me just how talented this tandem really is. Their hand-eye is second to none on the team.

This is exactly what Brendan Morrison needs, a quick start. Now if he can play all 82 games... sign him up for anywhere between 25-35 goals. Just in time for his new contract.
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

that Powerplay by the Sedins was easily one of the most impressive 2:20 of hockey I have ever seen.

3-0 as I type this. Gotta love Danny Boy!
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Wow, that's the most intense pressure I've seen the Canucks put on all season! Only fitting that it should culminate in a beautiful goal by Daniel.

And moments later, another goal by Daniel! Woohoo! 2/3 of the way to the hattrick! Love it!
trevordaddy
24 Hours Reporter

Post by trevordaddy »

Thank goodness Cooke was benched tonight... he is completely overrated... he does nothing to help the team... he isn't even an agitator anymore and has only had 2 fights since his jaw was broken on November 1st TWO THOUSAND FIVE! The Canucks have energy players, scorers, and penalty killers who all play they role well. what would you say Cooke's role is?

waterboy.
Trevor Daddy

Facebook Group: Canucks 24/7
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

The mark of a great superstar is that they make other players better. So basically Henrik makes Daniel better and vice versa. I hope the rest of the NHL media gets a chance to see these guys do their thing because it's high time they played in an All Star game, both of them.

As for Cooke, I think he'll be packaged along with Cory Schneider the minute some team gets thin between the pipes. I don't think we'd get much for him right now on a one on one trade basis. It's too bad, he was great when he was hitting everything in sight, now he's turned into a mini Jim Sandlak.
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

mband wrote:.... with goals from Henrik, Daniel, and Morrison.
I guess you are confounding Danny and Henrik. :lol:

Yeeehaaaaa Go Canucks Go

Now a shutout.

Just listening on radio but you really could hear how great the 2nd goal was by the intensity of Mr. Larscheidt. :rockin:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Now a shutout.
You didn't just say that did you Cookie? :(
trevordaddy
24 Hours Reporter

Post by trevordaddy »

so true. the Sedins are so impressive. what other two players play so well together? I always liked the way these guys played... so glad that they are heroes now and that people have stopped calling them the sisters.

Guts, I think you are right about Cooke being traded. He is expendable now that Ryp is finally healthy and playing well.
Trevor Daddy

Facebook Group: Canucks 24/7
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Speaking of the Sedins, they just set up Pyatt with an absolute beaut to make it 4-0! Edmonton is starting to show its frustration now - I hope it doesn't get too dirty.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

levelheaded wrote:You didn't just say that did you Cookie? :(
Nope, i wrote it. 8-)

I'm just believing (.....and praying. ;) ) . There's something in the air.

Cheers
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
levelheaded wrote:You didn't just say that did you Cookie? :(
Nope, i wrote it. 8-)

I'm just believing (.....and praying. ;) ) . There's something in the air.

Cheers

Well so much for that...
Stupid Cogliano... second shorthanded goal of the young season. Not a good sign.