W-GDT May 3 Game 6 Vancouver at Nashville 4PM PST SN CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: W-GDT May 3 Game 6 Vancouver at Nashville 4PM PST SN CBC

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

John Garret just tore that ref a new one over that call on Lindholm.

Fan management. Greg Louganis.
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:56 pm Edmonton. Can they defend like the Preds?
No. They don’t block shots like the Predators, but their PP is lethal and they can score in bunches At even strength.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

https://x.com/spittinchiclets/status/17 ... 0218743256

Happy for the win....
but this series sucked. I thought if we played LA it would be terrible entertainment, but this may have been worse.

It was like watching one of those matinee games where everyone looks slow, everyone looks off. The ice must be terrible because everyone is bobbling passes and there's no skilled plays to be found anywhere.

times six.

bring on Edmonton. Even if we get wrecked it's gotta be better entertainment wise than this was!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Raile wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:43 pm https://x.com/spittinchiclets/status/17 ... 0218743256

Happy for the win....
but this series sucked. I thought if we played LA it would be terrible entertainment, but this may have been worse.

It was like watching one of those matinee games where everyone looks slow, everyone looks off. The ice must be terrible because everyone is bobbling passes and there's no skilled plays to be found anywhere.

times six.

bring on Edmonton. Even if we get wrecked it's gotta be better entertainment wise than this was!
It was torturous Raile. Imagine selling games like that to US television viewers in the regular season.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This one’s for Blocker Side - Silovs is BenningBuilt!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

PS24!!! He had to finally bury one in the last minute to make it more dramatic/suspenseful after getting robbed repeatedly all game/series. :P

Glad we got it done, really didn't want to come back here for a game#7, anything can happen in a do or die game.

Archie Silovs baby! The kid with nerves of steel. Feel bad that CD29 has to take a back seat, but Tocc has to go with the guy who he thinks can give him the best chance to win. Right now, it's AS31.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:20 pm John Garret just tore that ref a new one over that call on Lindholm.

Fan management. Greg Louganis.
That ref should never call another game
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

My thoughts:

We are a very good defensive team. Tocchet has us believing we can not only win one goal games but low scoring one goal games. For the first 20 games or so we defended ok but scored in bunches. His systems may stifle offensive creativity but it is playoff hockey.

I didn’t think Silovs would get a shutout and was worried after the 1st that we would lose another 1 goal game. But we stepped it up in the 2nd and did enough in the 3rd to get that all important goal.

We play similar defensive styles, with the Preds blocking more shots but a very similar style. It will be interesting to see how that translates against a high flying team that has given up a lot more goals but can score a ton. Can we still play shutdown but take advantage of a team that plays a loser defensive game, without horses that the Preds have and with a goalie not called Saros.

I thought Cole had his best game so far in the playoffs with Myers a close second.

In the first 4 games the Preds hammered Hughes without mercy. But that changed game 5 & 6. Why? Did we adjust, did Hughes adjust or did the Preds do something different.

Our shots started getting through tonight. That is a good sign. Even Pettersson was shooting.

What about Silovs, our back up next year for sure. Maybe, just maybe, that might mean Demko gets more rest next season. It may also mean we don’t have to rush him back. I have more confidence in him that DeSmith, and I like DeSmith. Happy for the kid. What a luxury to have all these goalies.

I for one did not want to believe we could win this series once Demko went down. So glad to be wrong.

No matter what happens in the Edmonton series this season has to be declared a success. Given most thought we would battle for a wild card spot, if we were lucky. Of course I want the ride to continue but I am pleased with our season and proud of the boys. Everything from here on out is gravy.
The only HW the Canucks need
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:57 pm My thoughts:

We are a very good defensive team. Tocchet has us believing we can not only win one goal games but low scoring one goal games. For the first 20 games or so we defended ok but scored in bunches. His systems may stifle offensive creativity but it is playoff hockey.

I didn’t think Silovs would get a shutout and was worried after the 1st that we would lose another 1 goal game. But we stepped it up in the 2nd and did enough in the 3rd to get that all important goal.

We play similar defensive styles, with the Preds blocking more shots but a very similar style. It will be interesting to see how that translates against a high flying team that has given up a lot more goals but can score a ton. Can we still play shutdown but take advantage of a team that plays a loser defensive game, without horses that the Preds have and with a goalie not called Saros.

I thought Cole had his best game so far in the playoffs with Myers a close second.

In the first 4 games the Preds hammered Hughes without mercy. But that changed game 5 & 6. Why? Did we adjust, did Hughes adjust or did the Preds do something different.

Our shots started getting through tonight. That is a good sign. Even Pettersson was shooting.

What about Silovs, our back up next year for sure. Maybe, just maybe, that might mean Demko gets more rest next season. It may also mean we don’t have to rush him back. I have more confidence in him that DeSmith, and I like DeSmith. Happy for the kid. What a luxury to have all these goalies.

I for one did not want to believe we could win this series once Demko went down. So glad to be wrong.

No matter what happens in the Edmonton series this season has to be declared a success. Given most thought we would battle for a wild card spot, if we were lucky. Of course I want the ride to continue but I am pleased with our season and proud of the boys. Everything from here on out is gravy.

This season was already a success

but I will only be 100% satisfied if we beat the Oilers

(We probably get our ass kicked by either the Avs, Dallas/Vegas anyway in conference final)

Let's finish the Oilers and see whatever happens happens

Now the only thing left is for Pettersson the 11.6 man to wake up as he gets a reset
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I was wrong. Thanks.
Oilers sweep would be cool.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Raile wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:43 pm It was like watching one of those matinee games where everyone looks slow, everyone looks off. The ice must be terrible because everyone is bobbling passes and there's no skilled plays to be found anywhere.
When I posted the schedule earlier and listed the other events, Topper foresaw the potential for bad ice, and that likely could have been an issue for slowing things down. Combined with a possible flu running through the room, who knows?
April 21 - Game 1 at Rogers Arena
April 22
April 23 - Game 2 at Rogers Arena
April 24
April 25 - Tim McGraw at Bridgestone Arena
April 26 - Game 3 at Bridgestone Arena
April 27 - The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie at Bridgestone Arena
April 28 - Game 4 at Bridgestone Arena
April 29 - Justin Timberlake at Rogers Arena
April 30 - Game 5 at Rogers Arena (if necessary)
May 1 - 21 Savage at Rogers Arena
May 2 - Game 6 at Bridgestone Arena (if necessary)
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:57 pm My thoughts:

It will be interesting to see how that translates against a high flying team that has given up a lot more goals but can score a ton. Can we still play shutdown but take advantage of a team that plays a loser defensive game.
Edmonton has only actually given up one more goal than Van in the playoffs (of course playing one fewer game) and only 4 more goals in the reg. season. Not a team that bleeds goals.

Of course they scored a ton more in both the 1st. rd and the reg season.

What scares me the most, is their PP ran at almost 50% vs. the Kings last round, who had a reg. season PK that was second best in the entire league. Van's PK has lost them a lot of games in the last few years.

The Oilers PK was also perfect against LA. Who had a PP % equal with Vancouver in the reg. season.

Ask Mëds about the likelihood this series doesn't have some bad calls in it. My guess is there won't be much 5on5 early in the series, which puts Van behind the 8 ball.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I was wondering about bad calls coming up against EDM - does Bettman care who wins between 2 Canadian teams? :D (I'm guessing McDoofus is one of their poster children, though...)
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Cornuck wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 am
Raile wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:43 pm It was like watching one of those matinee games where everyone looks slow, everyone looks off. The ice must be terrible because everyone is bobbling passes and there's no skilled plays to be found anywhere.
When I posted the schedule earlier and listed the other events, Topper foresaw the potential for bad ice, and that likely could have been an issue for slowing things down. Combined with a possible flu running through the room, who knows?
I hope it's this plus all the talk of how both us and Nashville are defensively similar teams... just a perfect storm.
We will see soon enough against Edmonton I guess!
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Here's some highlights, shows the Lindholm penalty at around the :20 mark :
https://x.com/SportsCenter/status/1786624261056066043