W-GDT April 28 in Nashville 2PM PST SPAC - G4

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT April 28 in Nashville 2PM PST SPAC

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I was very calm the entire game, never worried. I’m like Blondie in the good the bad and the ugly.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 pm Absolutely Wow! Lindholm I’ve been completely adjusted!!!
:lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm I was very calm the entire game, never worried. I’m like Blondie in the good the bad and the ugly.
:lol:

This one's for you. It's not US who are being unfairly critical. Even the local media can't bring themselves to ball-wash the extraterrestrial anymore.
I don’t think words do justice to just how awful Elias Pettersson was today, so I’ll leave it to Wyatt Arndt’s Stanchies to dissect all the stumbles, lack of effort on puck battles, and everything else that led to one of Pettersson’s worst games a Canuck.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Gotta love Sportsnet…..

Boeser with the hat-trick…..two of them coming in the final 3 min to force OT. Lindholm with the 1st star. Lol.

You can tell Wids is pulling the strings. :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I see Rick Tocchet took the time to read our GDT and send Zadorov out to stand net front for the tying goal. Just look at the chaos he caused!
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

I watched on delay as usual but read along here while watching. I kept wondering if I was watching the same game as you folks.

Vancouver made the necessary adjustment on the break out with a forward carrying the puck out of the zone and then a couple of short passes through the neutral zone to keep the Nashville D up at the blueline before dumping and forechecking. It was working. Vancouver was much better than in game 3. It wasn't pretty but it was an improvement. Stop listening to Kelly and Elliot.

By the third, Nashville was having to drop out of their aggressive forecheck to try and counter the Vancouver puck movement. it released the pressure on Hughes.

Pettersson had his best game in a month. His feet were moving, he was trying to battle through checks. That gutless response to the push over he took on the Pred's celebration was a wake up call. Be a man for fuck sakes. It was baby steps for three fiddy seven, but baby steps in the right direction.

Garland started winning board battles.

The Pred's gave up three goals in under four minutes to close out the game. Where was their D on the OT winner? Very, very, ugly. They stopped taking the man in front of the net and being physical. Sure it was 6 on 5 on the tieing goal, but Brock should have been on his ass and there is no way Lindholm should have been that alone in the slot.

Saros has a bit of Tim Thomas in his style where he will come out and over commit to the supposed shooter. Brock's first and second goals took advantage of that.

Brockey_Hockey, driving up that trade return. Hell yeah!

Aqualung guaranteed a fourth home game revenue minimum.

He kicked it in.

One more night, the stars are in sight
But tonight I'm as lonesome as can be
Oh, the moon is shinin' bright
Lighting everything in sight
But tonight no light will shine on me
- Bob Dylan - One more Night - from the album - Nashville Skyline
Last edited by Topper on Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

here's hoping we finish the preds next game and buy some more time for Demko
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:40 pm I see Rick Tocchet took the time to read our GDT and send Zadorov out to stand net front for the tying goal. Just look at the chaos he caused!
He'd make a fine top six winger :)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm A few comments;

Vancouver made the necessary adjustment on the break out with a forward carrying the puck out of the zone and then a couple of short passes through the neutral zone to keep the Nashville D up at the blueline before dumping and forechecking. It was working. Vancouver was much better than in game 3. It wasn't pretty but it was an improvement. Stop listening to Kelly and Elliot.

By the third, Nashville was having to drop out of their aggressive forecheck to try and counter the Vancouver puck movement. it released the pressure on Hughes.
Interesting observation. I missed that and assumed that some of it was Quin not being out there quite as much. He also stopped trying to carry the puck as long and moved it faster. The Canucks still need to protect him better.....a little old school retaliation is not out of line in the playoffs.
Pettersson had his best game in a month. His feet were moving, he was trying to battle through checks. That gutless response to the push over he took on the Pred's celebration was a wake up call. Be a man for fuck sakes. It was baby steps for three fiddy seven, but baby steps in the right direction.
I noticed he was more physically engaged at times, but he still wouldn't shoot the puck. For what he being paid to do, to say nothing about next year's salary, there's been a vacuum in jersey #40. I hope that was a wake-up call as you say.
The Pred's gave up three goals in under four minutes to close out the game. Where was their D on the OT winner? Very, very, ugly. They stopped taking the man in front of the net and being physical. Sure it was 6 on 5 on the tieing goal, but Brock should have been on his ass and there is no way Lindholm should have been that alone in the slot.
Our low shot total is inexcusable. We capitalized on their mistakes, but we were on our heels far too often. The flu going through the team would explain some of the slow feet and listless play.....it doesn't excuse passing up shot opportunities. Saros has been fighting the puck all series, need to apply the pressure.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:01 pm here's hoping we finish the preds next game and buy some more time for Demko
If it's the knee that kept him out for 6 weeks we won't see him again unless we make the finals.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Hughes was having as rough a night as I have ever seen, but he pulls the monster move at the line that leads to the tying goal. Hope they close it out next game so Quinn can heal up a bit.

Boeser is showing the heart and effort some thought he lacked before. The guy’s head clearly is in a good place.

Lindholm is starting to make people forget his pedestrian performance heading into the playoffs. He has more goals than Petey. Something’s going to give with that kid. I can’t imagine it getting more rock-bottom for him than tonight - and he still collected an assist on the tying goal.

Could Silovs become our Adin Hill? Too early to tell, but wouldn’t that be a darling script?

Let’s close it out Tuesday!!
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm I was very calm the entire game, never worried. I’m like Blondie in the good the bad and the ugly.
More like Dagwood's Blondie.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm Brockey_Hockey, driving up that trade return. Hell yeah!
Let's cash in. YEE HAH
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 am This is a big game…. 4-3 nucks
:thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 pm
Cornuck wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:59 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm Y'all should be thanking me. I flipped the switch and stopped watching :D
How? (Edit: How did you stop watching?)
I did as well and threw my jersey onto the floor.
Damn there's some emotional chaps around here!
____
Try to focus on someday.