L-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: L-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

Post by Cornuck »

In the light of day, I'm a little less concerned than I was last night.

But, I do have 2 concerns, though - the power play and DeSmith's rebound control.

Last night was a great example of one team sticking to its game plan, while the other team looked lost. The Canucks held the play for most of the game, but then that was kind of Nashville's plan - be patient and wait for the mistakes. We made enough mistakes to lose, starting with a rare slip from Hughes that led to the first goal. It was a long night of mistakes costing us, while Nashville played a simple, solid game. I hope they're bruised up and sore, but likely will be ready on Friday.

With luck Myers will be back - it's a huge drop down to Juulsen. I'd like to see Podz back in, PDG can rest up. I would also consider putting the lotto line back together. We have too much talent on the power play not to start scoring at some point, but like the rest of the game, we just need more shots.

Onward.

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Picker of Cherries wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:48 am I heard on a morning talk show that they are considering sending Demko to Vegas to recover.
:lol:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Tempted to make this Topper's avatar image. :D

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 am In the light of day, I'm a little less concerned than I was last night.

But, I do have 2 concerns, though - the power play and DeSmith's rebound control.

Last night was a great example of one team sticking to its game plan, while the other team looked lost. The Canucks held the play for most of the game, but then that was kind of Nashville's plan - be patient and wait for the mistakes. We made enough mistakes to lose, starting with a rare slip from Hughes that led to the first goal. It was a long night of mistakes costing us, while Nashville played a simple, solid game. I hope they're bruised up and sore, but likely will be ready on Friday.

With luck Myers will be back - it's a huge drop down to Juulsen. I'd like to see Podz back in, PDG can rest up. I would also consider putting the lotto line back together. We have too much talent on the power play not to start scoring at some point, but like the rest of the game, we just need more shots.

Onward.

I Agree with all of this.. we are the better team and I don't think game 2 changed that. Even with Desmith in net, over a series we really should win this. The team has to get their head out of their asses though to make that happen though.

And while I think we can win even with Desmith in this round, it seems impossible to see how we could win with him against whoever we play in round 2... :crazy:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:02 am
Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:52 am
Zadorov is a keeper. I'd also bring Myers back if the price is right. The size and physicality of this blueline is something we don't want to lose.
I agree with this. Zadorov, Myers at a cut and Joshua are the UFA priorities. Podkolzin gets full time duty next season. Start giving Raty a cup of coffee, he closed the season well. Lekkerimaki and D-Pete need to cook for a year. Silovs in, DeSmith bye bye. If Hronek is asking for too much kick the tires on the trade market and test the same trade winds with Boeser’s name. The mgmt don’t seem to welcome the idea of paying Hronek more than Hughes. Depending on the dominos bye bye - Cole, Lafferty, Suter, Lindholm, Blueger. Entertain possible trade with Garland, hus stock is high right now. Need to get bigger, stronger and faster. Get Petey and Miller some proper wingers. Back to the drawing board for Allvin. This summer is where we get to see what Allvin is made of. No Demko, we will be lucky to get past Nashville.
Trade Mikheyev for a bag of pucks and keep Garland. Use the Russian's cap space to keep Joshua and Zadorov.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 am Tempted to make this Topper's avatar image. :D

I hate that Petey does this when he misses while the game is still happening, this is all I need to know that all is not overly well in Petey’s head. Move the fuck on and keep playing, nothing you can do about a missed opportunity
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

If the Preds want to keep blocking shots let’s make the shots count!

Little different blocking quick wristers or snap shots compared to a Hronek bomb or two. Time to start busting ankles. 20 shots at their feet and they’ll feel it.

Need to maintain the intensity and skating as well. They’ll wear down in a series! Defensive structure is great when you have the legs to be in the right position consistently. Tired legs make for mistakes!

Someone hypnotize Petey on the flight to Nashville and get the second/third guesses out. Oh and let’s throw Demmer in the hyperbaric chamber while we’re at it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Aaronp18 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am If the Preds want to keep blocking shots let’s make the shots count!

Little different blocking quick wristers or snap shots compared to a Hronek bomb or two. Time to start busting ankles. 20 shots at their feet and they’ll feel it.

Need to maintain the intensity and skating as well. They’ll wear down in a series! Defensive structure is great when you have the legs to be in the right position consistently. Tired legs make for mistakes!

Someone hypnotize Petey on the flight to Nashville and get the second/third guesses out. Oh and let’s throw Demmer in the hyperbaric chamber while we’re at it.
Or guy high with your shots, like Jiri Slegr high
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am If the Preds want to keep blocking shots let’s make the shots count!

Or guy high with your shots, like Jiri Slegr high
Whatever it takes!

It’s the fucking playoffs. If they wanna pay the price, make them pay the highest price possible.

Need to see some hobbling shot blockers next game.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:55 am
Cornuck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 am YIKES!!! Good thing that DeSmith got those starts down the stretch...

Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
Hearing Thatcher Demko injured and questionable for rest of series
We should have known something was up when Silovs was called up.

I did warn Rick not to overplay him...
I believe that was standard procedure to have an ebug that isn't a UBC dropout.

Did I call it in my "A few comments" after the season finally and game 1.
You were correct after all Topper since now we see that Nikita Tolopilo has been recalled to serve as 'ebug' leaving third stringer Zach Sawcheno to start game one for Abbotsford tonight.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm I’m content with moving Boeser this off season
:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am Oh and let’s throw Demmer in the hyperbaric chamber while we’re at it.
8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 pm I won't be rioting this year.

Sorry.
:shock:

Please reconsider dear ringleader, we're nothing without you!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm I’m content with moving Boeser this off season

The inevitable adjustment!
If you need air...call it in
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 pm

The inevitable adjustment!
Watching Lafferty, Mikheyev, and Suter bobble passes and shoot in to the goalies chest for the past few months has been a treat. Can't wait to get rid of Boeser so we can go from having one top six wing to having zero top six wings. (I like Hogs but he's been far better in the bottom six).