L-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 pm It feels anticlimactic.

I can't really get worked up over this series.
Do you have a stressful concrete convention in Nachodochez to attend??

Come on Blue Hair. Get out a drum and be our Krazy George.,We need that 8th man.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:33 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 pm It feels anticlimactic.

I can't really get worked up over this series.
Do you have a stressful concrete convention in Nachodochez to attend??

Come on Blue Hair. Get out a drum and be our Krazy George.,We need that 8th man.
I can't turn down an invitation like this :lol:
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:14 pm
griz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:25 pm Friedman in for Juulsen (love the player but he hurt more than he helped tonight).
Podkolzin in for Di Giuseppe (at least you noticed Pods in the recent games he has played).
Silovs in for De Smith (sad they were chanting "Casey" until he lets in the first shot).

Canucks were trying to step up as individuals and forgot, to some extend early on anyways, their team game. They need to power in like Nashville does rather than staying on the permiter so much. Their possession should give them lots of opportunities but I'm tired of Horonek's wild shots as an example. Only very rarely do those go in.

There is a reason series are 7 games. Can the preds keep being outplayed and taking all those shots? Will Saros get tired? What if Demko made a surprise return? Would a Petterson/Miller/Boeser hat-trick help? Yes the big guns have to produce. The Canucks remain favourites in my view.
Great points all. Though I disagree with Friedman in. Best case is Myers is day to day... worst case, let Juulsen have a redemption game - he is a better hockey player than the alternative.
Myers has the flu. Demko is week to week. https://x.com/Canucks/status/1783013440371732780
Last edited by Megaterio Llamas on Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
el rey del mambo
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Re: L-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

To be fair, not many teams are going to win a lot of playoff games with their back-up goalie.

Even fewer when their starting goalie is one of their top 3 players.

At least it looked like they tried really hard.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I initially called this series a win in 7 games. Obviously that was with Demko, but I still think this is winnable even with DeSmith.

This is the first playoff series for this group, there are going to be growing pains, there are going to be mistakes and bad bounces that they have to resolve to overcome.

Pettersson's game is inexcusable. Has been for weeks. The only defence he has for his game is that his linemates are 3rd liners, however players who sign extensions that pay them as a top-5 player in the league need to produce and carry a line. Tocchet should move EP to the wing and play him with Lindholm. He gave them a token look after the trade to acquire Lindholm, and the guy was playing hurt. Joshua/Blueger/Garland were a very decent 3rd line. Go back to that. It's clear Pettersson cannot carry Hoglander and [insert name]. Podkolzin might be a fit with EP though. Can't hurt to try.

Zadorov is a keeper. I'd also bring Myers back if the price is right. The size and physicality of this blueline is something we don't want to lose.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

For sure Pettersson needs better line mates. He cannot carry a line on his own. It doesn't help that the other Russian has disappeared. Perhaps we load up the lotto line and play the Lindholm line as the second line. We should have enough bottom six to make a bottom six. We need goals. We need shots. We need a PP.

We absolutely need The Alien to be The Alien if we want to pull this off. Yes I suppose we can still win without Demko but I dont like our chances. Just want to know who pissed off the hockey gawds.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

EP the Alien is like the dried out ET that needs to phone home to recharge his glowie anal probe finger

Get him a fuckin speak and say already
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shooting from the perimeter has to change, it’s not working with the body sacrificing Preds. I don’t expect the Preds to change.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:39 am EP the Alien is like the dried out ET that needs to phone home to recharge his glowie anal probe finger

Get him a fuckin speak and say already
It’s all in Petey’s head right now, he needs to work that shit out quickly or take a fucking pay cut or go hang out with fellow do nothing big Buck earner - Mitch Marner.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

JT Miller - work on your passing and shot choices
Pettersson - see a shrink ffs
Boeser - where are you
Hughes - I’m alone
DeSmith - you sucked, Silovs in
Joshua - you need to wreak more havoc out there
Di Giuseppe - Take a seat
Zadorov - would love to see you next see season in Van
Garland - no complaints
Hoglander - be better
Lindholm - be better
Mikheyev - all skating and nothing else
Juulsen - you’re barely a 7th d-man
Myers - get better soon!
Podkolzin - lace em up and bring the body
Hronek - control your shots, aim for ankles with might
Soucey - whatever
Blueger - whatever
Suter - whatever
Lafferty - whatever
Cole - whatever
Demko - we miss you very much
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:52 am
Zadorov is a keeper. I'd also bring Myers back if the price is right. The size and physicality of this blueline is something we don't want to lose.
I agree with this. Zadorov, Myers at a cut and Joshua are the UFA priorities. Podkolzin gets full time duty next season. Start giving Raty a cup of coffee, he closed the season well. Lekkerimaki and D-Pete need to cook for a year. Silovs in, DeSmith bye bye. If Hronek is asking for too much kick the tires on the trade market and test the same trade winds with Boeser’s name. The mgmt don’t seem to welcome the idea of paying Hronek more than Hughes. Depending on the dominos bye bye - Cole, Lafferty, Suter, Lindholm, Blueger. Entertain possible trade with Garland, hus stock is high right now. Need to get bigger, stronger and faster. Get Petey and Miller some proper wingers. Back to the drawing board for Allvin. This summer is where we get to see what Allvin is made of. No Demko, we will be lucky to get past Nashville.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:12 pm This isn’t our year but we certainly know where the improvements are needed.
I agree. Gutting the prospect and top pick pipeline for a rental veteran in centre in Lindholm was what I would describe as early ejaculation from a rookie GM. He needs to do better at reading the tea leaves. A better trade would’ve been what Trotz did in acquiring Zucker for a 6th rd draft pick. Zucker would’ve given us some more punch on the wings and a helluva lot cheaper, he’s a greasy and gritty wryly old, exactly what we need in the wings.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

That one bad goal was the worst possible scenario for desmith and no it wasn't an unstoppable tip. It was a flubber right as the crowd was chanting his name lol. It was a kick to the bag that we needed to not receive.

Blob is right on the failure to add some size to the 4th line.

Mikhayev107 should be sat. Total ineptitude. Pod is heads and shoulders better already

Zucker and Scissors are eating Petterssons line alive. I like the idea of blueger back with garland and Joshua then give Lindholm Pettersson to fix. He was a line fixer in Calgary to help guys get out of slumps. I'd see how that goes. Also, Hoglander has lost his energy so he needs to go down to the 4th to regain that jam I think

For all the doom and gloom, the Canucks were all over them the whole game. It wasn't even close except between the pipes. They can't maintain that for long...keep up the pressure and they'll crack
If you need air...call it in
Picker of Cherries
CC Rookie

Post by Picker of Cherries »

I heard on a morning talk show that they are considering sending Demko to Vegas to recover.
“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.”
- President Merkin Muffley
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Loss to a team playing a very structured physical game. Where have we seen that before.

The Preds simply out worked Vancouver, even Joshua and Garland were not winning puck battles. The effectively challenged the points when on D and didn't give Hughes room to turn. They made Vancouver rush and bobble their passes. A very solid game.

Vancouver was indecisive, stick handling twice before taking shots gave the Preds time to block. They made it easier for the Preds than it should ever be. Far too many attempts at forcing cross ice passes.

Individually, Boeser, Zedorov and Soucy were solid.

Team - PK was fairly solid.

How many home playoff game incomes for the Aqualungs to cover 8 x 11.6? Maybe he needs to join the other Aqualung hired aliens working the berry farms.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.