L-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 23/24 - 7 PM PST - SN

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Miller has been a turnover machine tonight
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Well that penalty hurt.

They just didn't come ready tonight, and that bounce on the first goal just killed them early.

The failure to acquire some size up front is haunting.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

32 shot blocks though. :o

The predators having more than one goalie on the ice…
Last edited by Per on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:36 pm well if the preds are throwing all their bodies in front of the net, we might as well keep slapping

let's see if the preds can last
I'd be happy with just not passing up on good shooting opportunities.
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

time for tocchet to make adjustments

those 2 PPs in the 1st... sigh, it was a killer

game 3 we go
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m just not seeing this team getting past the first round not unless they get Demko back and Pettersson snaps out of it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Fucking horrible game.

No chemistry.

Passes not sharp.

18 shots on goal.

Outscored 4-1.....and the Preds did that on 14 shots.

Lots of hitting, but our offense has dried the fuck up with Pettersson going into his funk and teams just having to key on our 1st and "3rd" line.

11.6ersson's play is 4th line level right now.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I would like to see someone throw a Pettersson jersey on the ice.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 pm time for tocchet to make adjustments

those 2 PPs in the 1st... sigh, it was a killer

game 3 we go
RT does not have adjustments, I expect the same team to be iced. Also the same useless PP.

EP should have sat a couple shifts as an example of how you adjust and hold ALL players accountable.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 pm Too many lame tips and cute passes.

Nice turnover Pettersson. Bench him. He's killing this team.
How did you feel about the huge rebound DeShits pumped out after that Gomer107 muffin was shot at him. Was it even 40 mph?

Or is it just a Peter witch hunt??

For the record I know he puked the puck away and it was a poor play. You seem like you’re coming from a different place.
One is a back-up goalie who is not expected to be back next year, the other is going to be the 5th highest paid player in the league and expected to provide game breaking play.

Are you new to this whole NHL thing or something?
Yes that rebound was the result of a blistering shot. Are you new to competitive sports? Are you new to reading? I already said Peter fucked up. Please read the whole post if it’s not too much work.

There was a breakdown from Peter, but the safety valve failed. He’s an NHL goalie. Beer leaguers smother that muffin.

Wake up Yao
That wrister was from 15 feet out and, at 40mph, travelling at just under 60 feet per second.....so 1/4 second for a guy to react? Sorry, not a muffin when it hits the goalie up high at that range.

Congratulations on recognizing that Pettersson fucked up. Now you need to realize that a back-up goaltender, on an expiring contract, and the anointed superstar forward, who was just locked up for 8 seasons at almost 14% of next season's cap, just don't belong in the same sentence when comparing play.
You clearly aren’t cunning enough to break the play down and have net even played hockey at a beer league level. That was a puck that needs to be contained.

Go kick the guy two seats in front of you with your size 19 earth pads and grab your bird back to Whitehorse.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nashville is a tough building to win in.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:45 pm I’m just not seeing this team getting past the first round not unless they get Demko back and Pettersson snaps out of it.
Mëds is angry
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 pm 4th line centres do not make 1st line wingers.
They also don't make $11.6
Come on old fella. You honestly think Petey is a 4th line centre?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Wow 36 blocks for Nashville.

6 for the Canucks.
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 pm Too many lame tips and cute passes.

Nice turnover Pettersson. Bench him. He's killing this team.
How did you feel about the huge rebound DeShits pumped out after that Gomer107 muffin was shot at him. Was it even 40 mph?

Or is it just a Peter witch hunt??

For the record I know he puked the puck away and it was a poor play. You seem like you’re coming from a different place.
One is a back-up goalie who is not expected to be back next year, the other is going to be the 5th highest paid player in the league and expected to provide game breaking play.

Are you new to this whole NHL thing or something?
Yes that rebound was the result of a blistering shot. Are you new to competitive sports? Are you new to reading? I already said Peter fucked up. Please read the whole post if it’s not too much work.

There was a breakdown from Peter, but the safety valve failed. He’s an NHL goalie. Beer leaguers smother that muffin.

Wake up Yao
That wrister was from 15 feet out and, at 40mph, travelling at just under 60 feet per second.....so 1/4 second for a guy to react? Sorry, not a muffin when it hits the goalie up high at that range.

Congratulations on recognizing that Pettersson fucked up. Now you need to realize that a back-up goaltender, on an expiring contract, and the anointed superstar forward, who was just locked up for 8 seasons at almost 14% of next season's cap, just don't belong in the same sentence when comparing play.
You clearly aren’t cunning enough to break the play down and have net even played hockey at a beer league level. That was a puck that needs to be contained.

Go kick the guy two seats in front of you with your size 19 earth pads and grab your bird back to Whitehorse.
Simple physics Blob. The numbers don't lie. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

But if you need to go watch it again you'll see the puck hit him high in the middle of the chest and bounce right out. How do you propose he contain that?