W-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 21/24 - SN/SN360/CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Re: W-GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 21/24 - SN/SN360/CBC

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:00 pm Who replaces what Joshua brings?

Solid third line wing. Physical, Good hands. Good on the PK. Second line potential and can sort term fill in on the first line.

Lamenting the geriatric not picking up another big physical forward at the deadline, do you really want to see Joshua walk?

11.6 haunts. OEL buyout haunts.
Why do they need to replace Joshua? He won't play game #2?

Definitely can use more toughness, but not like the leaves.

Too early to say Petey haunts. And OEL buyout allowed Van to make the playoffs.

Live in the moment.
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nucks host Nashville - Apr 21/24 - SN/SN360/CBC

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:01 pm Petey seems to have lost his swagger, haven’t seen that game breaking element from him for awhile.
Is he nurturing an injury? Most of the season he was trending toward 106 points, but then at the end he stopped scoring and didn’t even reachh 90. Still over 1 ppg, but way less than what he was trending for.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I think those money bags are weighing him down.

Kind of like Tuco in the desert in The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly. :D
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I thought Demmer (TD35) wasn't very sharp early on, but shut the door when it mattered most late in the game.

Always huge to get the win, especially when our big gunz don't hit the scoreboard.

:D :thumbs: :D :thumbs:
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:01 pm Petey seems to have lost his swagger, haven’t seen that game breaking element from him for awhile.
Is he nurturing an injury? Most of the season he was trending toward 106 points, but then at the end he stopped scoring and didn’t even reachh 90. Still over 1 ppg, but way less than what he was trending for.
To me he’s not getting the puck in stride, which may be attributed to a lack of anticipation that may be creeping into his game. I’m just seeing a whole lot of stationary movement from Petey, a lot standing and watching. He needs to move his feet. He’s best when he gets the puck at speed.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:23 pm I think those money bags are weighing him down.

But Tuco was moving like gang busters at the cemetery looking for that grave.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:30 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:23 pm I think those money bags are weighing him down.

But Tuco was moving like gang busters at the cemetery looking for that grave.
Tuco had the shovel, and Blondie had the gun.

Because there were two kinds of men...
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:09 pm The Lindholm line is key for us. If we can get a contributing 3rd line giving us a solid top 9 that will be huge.
Wootie, Chef getting on the EL23 train! :D
Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:54 pm The entire blueline has been sharp and physical.
I liked TM57's game tonite. He played with snarl, a mean streak and saving his best hockey for when it matters most. :)

Kevin James in the house! :D

https://fb.watch/rBIDuHKY6X/
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Per wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:19 pm Is he nurturing an injury?
If so, I figured he would have taken game 82 off. I'm thinking it's a brain cramp.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:51 pm
If so, I figured he would have taken game 82 off. I'm thinking it's a brain cramp.
That was my argument tonight with the boys while watching the game.

Same story with Demko. If he wasn't 100% then he would not have been playing in the meaningless game in Winnipeg.

Pettersson was all about his own brand during his first two seasons. Then in contract year he had a good season and got paid. Didn't see much shift until last season when suddenly hockey mattered. Shockingly that was the year before his contract year. Contract year he comes out and starts producing at a similar pace and, despite ups and downs and brain cramps manages to sell the team on being a top-5 player in the NHL. He signs his contract and disappears.

This guy was never going to be a top-5 player in this league. Sorry. Top-15? Yeah, probably. But you can't build around him.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Elias Lindholm is leading all Swedes in both goals and points in the playoffs! Great acquisition. :thumbs:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:07 pm

Same story with Demko. If he wasn't 100% then he would not have been playing in the meaningless game in Winnipeg.

Pettersson was all about his own brand during his first two seasons. Then in contract year he had a good season and got paid. Didn't see much shift until last season when suddenly hockey mattered. Shockingly that was the year before his contract year. Contract year he comes out and starts producing at a similar pace and, despite ups and downs and brain cramps manages to sell the team on being a top-5 player in the NHL. He signs his contract and disappears.

This guy was never going to be a top-5 player in this league. Sorry. Top-15? Yeah, probably. But you can't build around him.
The Sedins were 26 when they had their first ppg season. Näslund was 27.
Petey came close at 22 with 66 points in 68 games (plus 18 in 17 in the playoffs) and then reached it at 24 with 102 in 80 last season.

Näslund and Henrik were 29 when they had a 100 point season, Daniel was 30. Petey 24.

I'm just saying I don't think he has peaked yet. The best is yet to come!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

K.I.S.S. - as I noted after the 1st period, shots on net, bodies inside to the crease. Back doors, tips of wide shots back onto the net, slap passes all have their place, but they are not effective unless defenders are concentrating on the shot going to the net, Saros was mediocre at best with questionable rebound control that Vancouver could have taken advantage of if they had been on the crease. Third period Canuck success was from shots on net,

Great hands by Joshua on Vancouver's third goal. Pass was awkwardly close to the body but he still managed to fire it over Saros.

Forwards have long turn styled goalies by using the knob end of the goalie stick as a lever as the forward drives by the net, Spearing or slashing the catcher is a low from kids playing street hockey days.

Jello Pudding Pop is 4'3".

Nashville sending two deep forcheckers with a third high at the blueline watching for the stretch pass was very disruptive.

Demko looks a bit off. Not in game shape or still nursing his wound a bit?

11.6 is hearing footsteps every time he handles the puck and is making horrible passes to get rid of it before being hit. He is a trojanesque turnover machine. Yet he stands in front of the net taking his whacks. He's not shooting unless the pass for his open shot is perfect and he has clear site of the net. Time to sacrifice and few 90+ slappers into the softer parts of defenders and create some openings for the next shot.

Lindholm is out scoring Kuzmenko in the playoffs.

Chanting the opponet's goalie's name in a 3-2 game is childish stupidity. Can't you just stand with your selfie stick cell phone and face the TV camera?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:51 am Jello Pudding Pop is 4'3".
Hey! That's 4'3.5" - get it right!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:29 am
Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:07 pm

The Sedins were 26 when they had their first ppg season. Näslund was 27.
Petey came close at 22 with 66 points in 68 games (plus 18 in 17 in the playoffs) and then reached it at 24 with 102 in 80 last season.

Näslund and Henrik were 29 when they had a 100 point season, Daniel was 30. Petey 24.

I'm just saying I don't think he has peaked yet. The best is yet to come!
I was a big Naslund fan…..that being said, I wouldn’t commit 13.5% if the total cap to him for the same reasons, he is not a guy who elevates his linemates. I’d be fine with Pettersson for $9M.