L-GDT Canucks @ Kings, 060424, 7pm SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: L-GDT Canucks @ Kings, 060424, 7pm SPAC

Post by Hockey Widow »

I look forward to watching them again. It is distressing how ordinary they have been. Good idea to give Demko’s and Lindholm as much time off as possible but they are at risk of losing the division. The last game we play could spell Oiler revenge.

De Smith is showing we can let him walk as a FA and give the back up job to Silovs. Saves us a bit of cash.

I blame Kizmenko for the lack of a good top 6. We needed him to be a Tocchet player🤩
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Found a castle.

Waited for the Friendly Giant to lower the draw bridge and invite them in.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I gather we don’t want to play the kings in the first round. Who does that leave us? Nashville, as the only team we want to play in the playoffs?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:08 am I gather we don’t want to play the kings in the first round. Who does that leave us? Nashville, as the only team we want to play in the playoffs?
It wont really matter who they're playing if the post-allstar version shows up.
ffs, just flip the switch already
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The flip the switch talk is bringing back the horrors of the Gillis era post 2011.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dangler wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:23 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:08 am I gather we don’t want to play the kings in the first round. Who does that leave us? Nashville, as the only team we want to play in the playoffs?
It wont really matter who they're playing if the post-allstar version shows up.
ffs, just flip the switch already
Teams tend to not outperform perform their highest paid player.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

As Donny noted over a week ago, even money (at that time) Vancouver doesn't win their division.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Should we have used the assets from the Horvat trade on acquiring a top 6 winger and gone after a Tanev type RS D-man instead of Hronek by other means? Our top 6 is horrifically thin. We can’t score goals anymore. Mykheyev and Kuzmenko were colossal failures. Colossal!! Especially now that Lindholm has been a disaster. I see no fix, bad timing by Allvin. The team ain’t ready for a playoff run.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:22 am As Donny noted over a week ago, even money (at that time) Vancouver doesn't win their division.
Yeah. I didn't think so at that point, but they have sure just gone off a cliff. I expected them to finish playing .650 down the stretch which would have locked it up. But now I won't be surprised if they hit the first round in 2nd and playing .400 hockey over the final 15 games.

The way they are playing right now, I can't see this team winning more than a single game against anyone besides Nashville.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:27 am Should we have used the assets from the Horvat trade on acquiring a top 6 winger and gone after a Tanev type RS D-man instead of Hronek by other means? Our top 6 is horrifically thin. We can’t score goals anymore. Mykheyev and Kuzmenko were colossal failures. Colossal!! Especially now that Lindholm has been a disaster. I see no fix, bad timing by Allvin. The team ain’t ready for a playoff run.
The problem is #40.

The team was going fine when the 3rd line was producing. Then Joshua got hurt and Tocchet dropped Lindholm into the 3rd pivot. I'd say go back to some of what was.....

Boeser - Miller - Di Giuseppe
Hoglander - Lindholm - Pettersson
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

You can move Hoglander, Mikheyev, and Di Giuseppe, around a bit but if a line is rolling you don't mess with it. Force 11.6ersson to figure his shit out and carry his line or show himself to be something other than an elite play driving forward.

If the third line regains their moxie and chemistry, then let them do their thing.....that depth production is what gave opponents fits and forced them to give one of the top two lines some breathing room. The only teams in the west with enough depth to play with the 3 line punch we were bringing are Vegas and Dallas.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds, you’re way to Swede angst focused on #40, the problem is bigger than him.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Canucks @ Kings, 060424, 7pm SPAC

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:31 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:45 am
Topper wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:04 am Who shows up?
I’ll be there!

Saw them in Vegas as well. At least the entertainment factor lived up to the hype. They don’t mess around!

Looking for a better showing tonight, and a tendy a little less DeLeaky.
My condolences.
Fortunately a lot more to the trip than the Canucks games!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:27 pm Mëds, you’re way to Swede angst focused on #40, the problem is bigger than him.
You're hammering on Mëds for hammering on a certain Swede?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:34 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:27 pm Mëds, you’re way to Swede angst focused on #40, the problem is bigger than him.
You're hammering on Mëds for hammering on a certain Swede?
I hammer on shutdown because the trade was a disaster on all levels.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ok... Mëds is WAY too focused on the actual bigger problem. Sure.

Maybe he should focus more on the little things...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!